The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

How Awesome was The Prestige?

100% Awesome
62%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 234

Best Nolan movie:Period.

The best Nolan movie in Cinematography,best suspense,best acting performances,best light,best plot,best fucking twist i've ever seen.

Period.

MrBatman wrote:Best Nolan movie:Period.

The best Nolan movie in Cinematography,best suspense,best acting performances,best light,best plot,best fucking twist i've ever seen.

Period.
The only thing you've ever said that makes any sense.

Grow up

The Prestige is really a good movie
I loved the story and I didn't fell cheated by the twist at the end like many critics and I found my second viewing far more enjoyable than the first. Caine, Bale and Bowie were especially good. I found the score to be pretty dull, but it didn't affect the film.
The greatest aspect of the film for me is all the setup for the end, the suspence is so nicely built!
100%

Now Where Was I ? wrote:The Prestige is really a good movie
I loved the story and I didn't fell cheated by the twist at the end like many critics and I found my second viewing far more enjoyable than the first. Caine, Bale and Bowie were especially good. I found the score to be pretty dull, but it didn't affect the film.
The greatest aspect of the film for me is all the setup for the end, the suspence is so nicely built!
100%
I agree with the unremarkable score. OTOH, what David Julyan did in Memento was very well done.

Just watched a extra on The Prestige DVD and Christopher Nolan was like "The Prestige is really a movie about filmaking". I immediately thought of steveportee :lol: But really this is really my fave Nolan film. I think...

This is the bestest movie evar. :twothumbsup:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:This is the bestest movie evar. :twothumbsup:
Fact.

Best of Nolan's career so far. A definite example of what can be achieved if you ignore the boundaries set by the source material, yet keeping the tone and story somewhat consistant and faithful to the souce.

Absolute genius and a future classic.

A full 5/5

My favourite film of Nolan's, so 90%. :thumbup: