The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Prestige

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.

How Awesome was The Prestige?

100% Awesome
62%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
2%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
No votes
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
No votes

Total votes: 234

RomanM wrote:10/10 Nolan's best piece of work hands down.
It sure is.Totally agreed.

I missed this film in theaters, in fact I just saw for the first time a few weeks ago. I have slowly become a big Nolan fan after seeing TDK, BB, Inception and Memento (all of which are masterpieces). So I then decided to buy "The Prestige" simply because I trusted Nolan to deliver, and boy did he ever. This greatly surpassed my expectations and is a lot closer to his best movies than I expected. The storyline is awesome, just thoroughly entertaining and the acting is stellar. The twist was great, although it was kind of predictable, but that's okay. Brilliant film, I have shown it to some other friends and they flipped out over it. I still think that the opening shots of all the hats in the forest is just SOOOOO cool :mrgreen:

To me, "The Prestige" is Christopher Nolan's 4th masterpiece, although I prefer "Inception", "Memento" and "The Dark Knight" just a little more. Phenomenal film

It is very good movie one of the best, but in one scene I was like:
"OMG! Fallon is Borden!" And secret was over. :mrgreen:

90% from me. The Prestige is very clever, loved the ending too.

mao
Dark Knight and Inception were right up there for me until I saw Prestige. Hands down my favorite Nolan movie.

The Prestige is easily Nolan's best IMO. It's just amazing.

One of my favorite movies at all. Not the most favorite because my favorite is actually TDK. I think, Bale played his role here even better that the Batman's role. And I really liked the performance of Scarlett, she looked very naturally.
It's very fascinating. And what's interesting thing, that it fascinates with speech. Every word, every conversation is magic. Nolan did it again)

steveportee wrote:The Prestige is easily Nolan's best IMO. It's just amazing.
Why? :eh:
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:
steveportee wrote:The Prestige is easily Nolan's best IMO. It's just amazing.
Why? :eh:
Because I think it's his best. I love all of Nolan's films (except Insomnia/Following, which I like but don't love)
but The Prestige is special. The characters, the performances, the dialogue, the suspense, the atmosphere etc. I think it's a masterpiece.

steveportee wrote:
dafox wrote: Why? :eh:
Because I think it's his best. I love all of Nolan's films (except Insomnia/Following, which I like but don't love)
but The Prestige is special. The characters, the performances, the dialogue, the suspense, the atmosphere etc. I think it's a masterpiece.
The Prestige is a masterpiece but I think that Inception and Memento are also his masterpieces 8-)