This film seems to get a lot of hate

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:This as always bothered me

The LOS member leads her away from their conversation. And she definitely bats an eyelid, look at the change in her expression.

To trash on the predecessor is their way of praising the successor, I guess.

This film is randomly considered a prequel on BOM for some reason. :|

I guess someone thought it was a prequel to Batman 89 and nobody changed it.

Whedon prefers Begins over TDK, case closed.

BlairCo wrote:Whedon prefers Begins over TDK, case closed.
Now you've caused Avengers-haters to prefer TDK over BB even if they were inclined for the reverse. ;)

Threshold wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Whedon prefers Begins over TDK, case closed.
Now you've caused Avengers-haters to prefer TDK over BB even if they were inclined for the reverse. ;)
Actually, I prefered Begins over TDK before Whedon even made that statement.

SilverHeart wrote:This film is randomly considered a prequel on BOM for some reason. :|

Once any film has a sequel it officially labels that film a prequel. People have the idea that a film has to come out after a previous one with a story that takes place before the original film to be a prequel but no. The term prequel simply means having events preceding another film. Doesn't matter when it is released.

Batman Begins is a prequel to The Dark Knight

May be it's because it has a "major" blooper.

Are you ready ?
May be The newspaper got it wrong.Wayne manor, according to Alfred, has housed six generations of Wayne family.The newspaper reported four :D
Ha ha Ha ha

anonymity wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:This film is randomly considered a prequel on BOM for some reason. :|

Once any film has a sequel it officially labels that film a prequel. People have the idea that a film has to come out after a previous one with a story that takes place before the original film to be a prequel but no. The term prequel simply means having events preceding another film. Doesn't matter when it is released.

Batman Begins is a prequel to The Dark Knight
Wrong. BB is TDK's predecessor, not TDK's prequel.

Wikipedia - A prequel is a literary, dramatic, or filmic work whose story precedes that of a previous work, by focusing on events that occur before the original narrative. If Y is a prequel to X, then Y's storyline precedes X's, yet Y is released at a later date than X. Therefore, a prequel is a work that forms part of a back-story to the preceding work. Like sequels, prequels may or may not concern the same plot as the work from which they are derived. Often, they explain the background which led to the events in the original, but sometimes the connections are not as explicit. Sometimes, prequels play on the fact that the audience knows what will happen next, using deliberate references to create dramatic irony.

F**k the haters. :batman: