This film seems to get a lot of hate

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:It's the IMDB what did you expect. It's full of trolls.
That not true at all,One of the most honest critics are on there acutally,only the rumors are mostly false,but the rest is perfectly fine.

MrBatman wrote:
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:It's the IMDB what did you expect. It's full of trolls.
That not true at all,One of the most honest critics are on there acutally,only the rumors are mostly false,but the rest is perfectly fine.

Critics like you?

Mr.B talks about IMDb, how... Appropriate.

thedarklordrises wrote:Sorry but it's obviously his weakest. It's the movie no one talks about along with Insomnia. Batman Begins is an average superhero movie. The Dark Knight however is a masterpiece. There's a reason why harly anyone talks about this movie and everyone loves The Dark Knight you know.
I can't agree with you that it's just an average super hero movie. Maybe it feels that way to you in comparison to TDK but put it alongside X Men or Thor (two superhero films which I consider to be average) and there is no contest.

I gotta be honest, I can't really get my head around your argument at all. I don't see how you can like one and not the other!

IBelieveInBruceWayne wrote:
tlbraund wrote:If I absolutely HAD to pick, I'd probably pick BB over TDK. I love it. Although I don't like to think of them as separate films - it's all part of one great story. I think a lot of people say they prefer TDK just because it goes with the popular opinion.
I agree with what you say about it being one great story. Even though both films are stylistically different they both work brilliantly alongside each other but in a weird way. Batman Begins does all the hard work imo, the character driven stuff with Bruce Wayne and what makes him tick. It's a brilliant platform for The Dark Knight to just let rip. I think had I not seen Batman Begins I don't think I would've cared for Bruce Wayne/Batman as much.
I know. As great as Heath's Joker is, it's a shame that Bale seems more like a supporting actor in his own film. Thankfully from what I've seen it seems he has a bit more going in TDKR.

thedarklordrises wrote:Sorry but it's obviously his weakest. It's the movie no one talks about along with Insomnia. Batman Begins is an average superhero movie. The Dark Knight however is a masterpiece. There's a reason why harly anyone talks about this movie and everyone loves The Dark Knight you know.
There is nothing weak or average in Batman Begins. It's the first chapter of a trilogy, the one that introduces us to the world of Bruce Wayne and Gotham City. It redefined the way you adapt comics to film. If you love The Dark Knight, is because Batman Begins set you up properly for that. The cast is flawless. It's screenplay presents key elements of the Batman's universe, skillfully combined in classic (Gotham City, the Narrows, Arkham Asylum, Wayne Manor) and modern concepts (batsuit, Tumbler). As always, Wally Pfister's cinematography is fantastic. For the first time ever, two of the best score composers of our time (James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer), came together in a memorable soundtrack. It's epilogue keeps us waiting for what's to come when Gordon shows the Joker card. A perfect chapter one.

The Dark Knight is fantastic, with more bleak, realistic colors and set in a mostly modern space. It's the second chapter, the one with no happy ending (much like The Empire Strikes Back in the Star Wars saga, also a second chapter with no happy ending). Jonathan Nolan makes a great difference. Again, music, cinematography and design are excellent. And the cast... fantastic. Apart from the great performance of Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent, Nolan's choice in casting Heath Ledger was nothing less than courageous and genius. Ledger deserves all the recognition for his work. He had just played the gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain and had to top Jack Nicholson's Joker. He did it. He really stole the movie. He was an exceptional actor.

thedarklordrises wrote:
steveportee wrote:Batman Begins is every bit as good as The Dark Knight.
Pfft :) And Insomnia is better than Memento :lol:
Nope. But The Prestige is.

Mason wrote:They are all jealous Marvel fans. Ignore them.
Marvel trolls really are the worst.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

GoldHeartedSociopath wrote:
Mason wrote:They are all jealous Marvel fans. Ignore them.
Marvel trolls really are the worst.
Oh, I've had my fair share of them.

Batman Begins is my favorite comic book film. The best piece of film, maybe not. Where does the hate come from, I don't know, but I can guess. Maybe all the moms who liked the Schumacher movies?