Title Change

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Eternal-Fighter wrote:
Fran wrote:
The third film has the weakest title. But honestly, I couldn't think of a name that could be better. Maybe "Dawn of Knight" could work......I don't know.
How about The Caped Crusader? That would have been better imo
They would just be using another moniker of Batman's in the title. I think it would be repetitive.

Whatever though....The title is fine. I'm use to it.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

I think that's a solid lineup of titles

I remember back in late 2003-early 2004 when the working title on the film was Batman: The Intimidation game and breathing a sigh of relief when the real title came out.

Z. Cobb wrote:They wouldn't change it.

But I would like the box set of the series to have...

The Dark Knight Trilogy.
Sounds reasonable, I like it :)

TDKR should've been something like "The Caped Crusader" or "Shadow Of The Knight" or "The Silent Guardian" or create a new nickname for Batman.

I think Batman Rises would have made for a better flow, and made TDK the standout film, which it by all means deserves to be.

JimmyFraska wrote:I think Batman Rises would have made for a better flow, and made TDK the standout film, which it by all means deserves to be.
You don't know that, TDKR could blow TDK out of the water for all you know.

theweatherman wrote:
JimmyFraska wrote:I think Batman Rises would have made for a better flow, and made TDK the standout film, which it by all means deserves to be.
You don't know that, TDKR could blow TDK out of the water for all you know.
Oh, well for the record, I personally think Batman Begins is a better film, and I agree %100.

I however stand by my statement. I like how the film is simple called "The Dark Knight". It's Batman, the Dark Knight, fighting the Joker, his infamous arch nemesis. No matter how mind blowing Rises is, The Dark Knight will always be the quintessential Batman film.

Syncopy54 wrote:After seeing TDKR trailer, especially the concluding title card which declares the film to be the final chapter in "The Dark Knight Legend," got me thinking: had Nolan and Goyer known that the title of Dark Knight would come to define their trilogy more than the name Batman, would BB have had a different title? Looking at the film on its own, the title makes perfect sense. But now in the context of the trilogy, at least title wise, its the odd film out.
I don't think they would change Begins' title. Commercial was part of the reason. But I also think the title "Batman Begins" was chosen deliberately because it work in the context of the film, so was "The Dark Knight".
Both titles first appeared after the films:
Batman Begins ended and then "Batman('s life) begins". The Dark Knight was Gordon's ending line.

I always see the titles as part of the film, and think them wisely chosen in context.