Title Change

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
After seeing TDKR trailer, especially the concluding title card which declares the film to be the final chapter in "The Dark Knight Legend," got me thinking: had Nolan and Goyer known that the title of Dark Knight would come to define their trilogy more than the name Batman, would BB have had a different title? Looking at the film on its own, the title makes perfect sense. But now in the context of the trilogy, at least title wise, its the odd film out. Not saying this is a bad thing, but does anyone here think the titles should have been more consistent? Me personally, no. My problems w/ any of the titles still remains w/ TDKR (easily the weakest IMO, but we'll see by this time next year if that changes).

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

All together being called:
The Dark Knight Legend

:problem:

But what are they going to call it? The Dark Knight Begins?

They wouldn't change it.

But I would like the box set of the series to have...

The Dark Knight Trilogy.

I didn't mean that they would change it. I'm just saying, if back in 04 or 05 Nolan and Goyer knew that two of the three movies would feature the title Dark Knight and that their trilogy would be collectively referred to as The Dark Knight Legend, would they have made it something more in line w/ the other films? Because Batman Begins to me feels like a title that could've come off the Burton/Schumcher franchise. I remember when "The Dark Knight" was revealed as the title, we all knew Nolan was taking the franchise in a really different direction.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/723/723567p1.html
"I like, very much, that it doesn't have Batman written in the title. This take on Batman of mine and Chris' is very different from any of the others and everything else always had Batman in the title," Bale advised the site.
I guess my question is more fantasy speculation if anything. And whether or not anyone could come up w/ a Dark Knight "replacement title" for BB (only way i could think around it is if BB were The Dark Knight, which would lead to TDK being retitled, but...).

It's a fine title, and I don't really think it feels out of place at all.

If anything, TDKR is the weird one. It sounds clunky and sequel-y and it doesn't just roll off the tongue the way the others do.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:If anything, TDKR is the weird one. It sounds clunky and sequel-y and it doesn't just roll off the tongue the way the others do.

-Vader
I've grown to it.

I'd have preferred something like "Rise of the Knight". You know, something different to the sequel's title formation.

Mason01 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:If anything, TDKR is the weird one. It sounds clunky and sequel-y and it doesn't just roll off the tongue the way the others do.

-Vader
I've grown to it.

I'd have preferred something like "Rise of the Knight". You know, something different to the sequel's title formation.
I've grown on it too, but still. I'd prefer "The Knight Rises" but it doesn't sound that great either.

-Vader

Most people wouldn't have known what the first film was if it were titled "The Dark Knight Begins" or something else. The reason they had "Batman" included was because it's a household name. Considering BB was the first of three films, it made sense to use "Batman" in the title.

The third film has the weakest title. But honestly, I couldn't think of a name that could be better. Maybe "Dawn of Knight" could work......I don't know.

Fran wrote:
The third film has the weakest title. But honestly, I couldn't think of a name that could be better. Maybe "Dawn of Knight" could work......I don't know.
How about The Caped Crusader? That would have been better imo