"you burn down my house and left me for dead"

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
like the topic....i get it when Ducard/Ra's is mad that Bruce burned his house in the mountain, what i don't quite get it is the second part of his accuse -- left me for dead??

"Justice is balance. You burned my house down and left me for dead. Consider us even."

It's in reference to Ducard revealing himself to be the real Ra's Al Ghul. Remember that little exchange between Ra's and Bruce at the party?

Ra's: But is Ra's Al Ghul immortal? Are his methods supernatural?
Bruce: Or cheap parlor tricks to conceal your true identity, Ra's.

Earlier in the film, it was believed that Bruce had left the real Ra's Al Ghul to die in the fortress that was burning to the ground, when in fact he was just a decoy.

Hope this helps.

But Bruce Wayne is not a decoy, he is the real deal.
- So not totally even I would say :)

lol You have a point there my friend. ;)

jcvargas09 wrote:"Justice is balance. You burned my house down and left me for dead. Consider us even."

It's in reference to Ducard revealing himself to be the real Ra's Al Ghul. Remember that little exchange between Ra's and Bruce at the party?

Earlier in the film, it was believed that Bruce had left the real Ra's Al Ghul to die in the fortress that was burning to the ground, when in fact he was just a decoy.

Hope this helps.
I never thought about it like that.

Now this won't bug me anymore!

i still can't get the logic behind this...killing the decoy equals "killing himself"?

unless the villager didn't tell Ra's the truth

Ra's is just twisting what happened to use it against Bruce.

theweatherman wrote:Ra's is just twisting what happened to use it against Bruce.
then again Bruce was unconscious at that moment

jcvargas09 wrote:"Justice is balance. You burned my house down and left me for dead. Consider us even."

Hope this helps.
I've analyzed this film top to bottom and felt I understood it through and through, but I honestly never understood that line. I should know better that when a Nolan line seems off, I'm not getting it, but for all this time I just sort of let it slide.

But this was a revelation to read, brilliant call. Now that I understand it, it's really incredibly clever writing, and it shows symmetry. Ducard = Bruce, the men beneath the legends. Ras = Batman, what they become to symbolize more.

You left the idea and image of Rhas in the burning building. There was no respect for this great man and the spirit was tranfered from person to person. Ra's can never die in spirit.
Brave New World