Did Bale really pull up Liam?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Bale didn't pull up a stunt double in the close up, it is a dummy.

Mason01 wrote:Bale didn't pull up a stunt double in the close up, it is a dummy.
Yes to specify my first comment, it was of course fake in the film, but the idea of one pulling up a person like that from a cliff is far from impossible.

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Mason01 wrote:Bale didn't pull up a stunt double in the close up, it is a dummy.
Yes to specify my first comment, it was of course fake in the film, but the idea of one pulling up a person like that from a cliff is far from impossible.
Oh right, I see. I remember watching this for the first time with some friends, and they said it was impossible to lift a guy up from a cliff edge. Well, it isn't, it's very much possible. Anyway, great scene, love it.

Mason01 wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote: Yes to specify my first comment, it was of course fake in the film, but the idea of one pulling up a person like that from a cliff is far from impossible.
Oh right, I see. I remember watching this for the first time with some friends, and they said it was impossible to lift a guy up from a cliff edge. Well, it isn't, it's very much possible. Anyway, great scene, love it.
Agree its such a good scene.
But yes with adrenaline pumping the human body is capable of amazing things. And Bale is/was a very buff guy.
Iv seen bodybuilders at my local gym lift 180lbs weights with one hand, so lets assume that BATMAN can do the same thing with adrenaline pumping shall we.

Jonas Agersø wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
Agree its such a good scene.
But yes with adrenaline pumping the human body is capable of amazing things. And Bale is/was a very buff guy.
Iv seen bodybuilders at my local gym lift 180lbs weights with one hand, so lets assume that BATMAN can do the same thing with adrenaline pumping shall we.
Yeah, it's fully realistic. Bale is a strong guy, he's fully capable of pulling a guy up from a cliff. It's one of my favorite scenes in the entire film, also.

It might be possible to lift him up, but it would probably be impossible to keep him from falling off as he was sliding off the cliff. In reality, that would almost certainly dislocate his shoulder.

Agreed, I really loved the scene especially because of Bale's primal scream when he catches Ducard before he falls and then when he Ducard up.

cchriswake wrote:Agreed, I really loved the scene especially because of Bale's primal scream when he catches Ducard before he falls and then when he Ducard up.
+1

That's when I knew: Nolan has nailed it.

It'd be a 200 pound curl... so it'd take someone bigger than Bale to be able to do that...

You guys are missing a key word Iv been using, its called: Adrenaline!

ADRENALINE IS:
Your muscles are made up of millions of strands of muscle fibres. your body, under normal conditions, splits all those millions of fibres up into groups that will all contract together, which we call motor units. when you flex a muscle, only a few of those motor units are actually contracting, and they only contract for a split second, then relax - but because thousands of motor units are contracting one after the other, and overlapping, your muscle as a whole contracts, and smoothly closes/opens your joints.

when adrenaline is released, it stimulates a bunch of receptors on the heart, the lungs, the muscles etc etc and makes your body assign many more muscle fibres to each motor unit - meaning that each motor unit is more powerful, but because there are fewer motor units overall, as they all contract at different times, the movement is far less smooth, and is rather jerky - which is why many people shake when you scare them, or inject them with adrenaline.

adrenaline = more muscle fibres firing overall