Does anybody know what year this takes place?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Just wondering. I haven't been able to figure it out. There are mentions of "The Depression", but the technology seems more modern, especially when combined with The Dark Knight. I know Ra's claims to have started The Depression. Is it just a completely different timeline from normal US history?

I'm guessing that it's just a depression located in Gotham, and not in any other city.

It's modern.

Bruce's parents car is an '80s model when he was a child. The main story is 20 years later.

they reference the depression because the league of shadows his been around for a long time....Ras pretty much says any huge event in the history of the world was instigated by The League of Shadows as a means to chincheck a society

EnzoTheBaker wrote:Just wondering. I haven't been able to figure it out. There are mentions of "The Depression", but the technology seems more modern, especially when combined with The Dark Knight. I know Ra's claims to have started The Depression. Is it just a completely different timeline from normal US history?
This was always something i was confused with cus it was said in the film that "The Depression hit working people like Mr. Chill most", which makes it seem like Bruce's parents died in the 30's, which would make the storyline set in the 50's but the tech is more modern day which had me confused.
chee wrote:I'm guessing that it's just a depression located in Gotham, and not in any other city.
This makes the most sense, and is what prob happened.