The quotes are so damn awesome!!!

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
"Justice is balance. You burned my house and left me for dead. Consider us even. "

this just shows that Chris Nolan's dialogue is not naturalistic/realistic.....his characters always speak in a poetic/stylized way

That's rarely a bad thing. When there's naturalism in dialogue it's always a good thing, but the opposite is rarely/necessarily a bad thing. Let alone in Chris' movies. But whad do you know, I'm your foe now.

prince0gotham wrote:That's rarely a bad thing. When there's naturalism in dialogue it's always a good thing, but the opposite is rarely/necessarily a bad thing. Let alone in Chris' movies. But whad do you know, I'm your foe now.
+528491

Chris' dialog is theatrical. Naturalism is present, but isn't always necessary. I like that.

When I think about naturalistic dialogue I think about Richard Linklater's movies. And Chinese Coffee.

Mr. Caine wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:That's rarely a bad thing. When there's naturalism in dialogue it's always a good thing, but the opposite is rarely/necessarily a bad thing. Let alone in Chris' movies. But whad do you know, I'm your foe now.
+528491

yeah i was just pointing it out.

good :thumbup:

talli wrote:this just shows that Chris Nolan's dialogue is not naturalistic/realistic.....his characters always speak in a poetic/stylized way
Not just that his dialogue is often times clunky and packed with exposition. It really bugs me when I'm watching Begins. TDK didn't have this problem as much.

I wish Chris' characters said, "Um, like, whatever!" all the time. That would certainly make his movies better.

psych