The Dark Knight, then Batman Begins

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
BB, then TDK, both on the following day after the opening night. I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed BB through and through, but didn't enjoy watching TDK in theater. I rewatched it later in HD at home, found it better, but BB is still #1. Imho, not enough Batman onscreen in TDK.

shadoW wrote:BB, then TDK, both on the following day after the opening night. I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed BB through and through, but didn't enjoy watching TDK in theater. I rewatched it later in HD at home, found it better, but BB is still #1. Imho, not enough Batman onscreen in TDK.
But it has more Joker on-screen :clap: :batface:

I saw Batman Begins way before The Dark Knight. :D

Saw BB on the year it came out, then saw TDK within the first week that it hit the cinema. Funnily enough,I used to think that BB was connected with the previous films and was wondering why there was so many continuity errors :lol:

I saw BB first but not when it was out in the theater. I watched it on a DVD. I didn't like it so much at first, maybe because there was a lot of things I didn't understand and didn't know. For, example (as I haven't read the comics) I had no idea who Ra's Al ghul was so he wasn't such an important villain in Batman's world for me. I also didn't like Rachel all that much...

Then I saw TDK and I was blown away! The Joker was amazing, Two-Face was amazing, Bruce was amazing and I just loved the story! That's when I decided to re-watch BB and I liked it better the second time. I don't know why it lightened up to me, and there are a lot of things that I saw and that I didn't see the first time! So yes, I love BB now too 8-)
TDK will stay my favorite though.

I saw Batman Begins the summer it came out, I remember being in my U.S. History class the week prior not being able to concentrate because I knew the movie was coming out soon and I couldn't focus on my work. I saw it on the weekend, and pretty much from the moment where Bruce is going up the mountain to Ra's Al Ghul's fortress, I knew Batman was in safe hands at long last in the cinema, and yes, I did end up passing my history class. ;)

I saw The Dark Knight on opening.. night. ;) I had never seen lines like that for a Batman movie, it was the most exhilarating thing to witness, and as for the film, I was just speechless after that movie. I couldn't find any words to describe my awe at that film, there's not really much to say after seeing something like that. The film speaks for itself and it was a very bold, engrossing statement. It's hard to believe Chris Nolan's tenure as the helmer of the Batman franchise is already reaching its end, but it has been one hell of a ride! :D

Everyone from my country probably saw The Dark Knight before Batman Begins, because I don't think BB showed in theaters here and there were no promotions, no nothing. Nobody (with the small exception of hardcore Batman-fans) knew the movie even existed. And I was the same, as it was actually a few months after I've seen TDK that I saw the ending of BB on TV and I was like: Okay...what was THAT? And just when the hell did it came out?
I love TDK since it's still one of my favorite movies, but it didn't get me all excited about Batman. And it took me another few months before I actually went out to rent BB...and then I became a true believer. Seriously.

There's a reason BB is my all time favorite :-D

Georgina Orr wrote:
Just wondering if anybody round here saw BB after they saw TDK?
Me. I did not really enjoy TDK and expected BB to be more my liking - I was right :P BB was kind of slower and more "calm" than TDK to me. Can't really describe it, but i remember so many strong pictures from BB and what i remember from TDK is mostly a chaotic visiual impression... though i like some scenes from TDK too.
I think the style of TDK is of course for purpose, i just couldn't enjoy it.
Your comment is Epic!

This is excactly how i think about the whole BB vs. TDK thing.

I saw The Dark Knight before Batman Begins. I thought: "Wow, if TDK is so awesome, BB will definitely suck."
Then I saw BB and it was just as good, if not better (imo). :)

I watched Batman Begins so very long ago, that when I watched it again after TDK and it felt like a new movie.
Do you... like pineapple?