What flaws do you see in Batman Begins.

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Mr. Caine wrote:Better then Gyllenhaal.
Frankly, neither Katie nor Maggie are anything to write home about be it in terms of acting or looks imo. That said, I consider Maggie the better actress and she fit better and felt more natural than Katie did in her role as Rachel. I wouldn't have chosen either of them to play Rachel tho.

What happened to the "slums" area in BB? In TDK you never see them. It looks like an island or something. The whole film was pretty much in that area.

xWhereAmI? wrote:What happened to the "slums" area in BB? In TDK you never see them. It looks like an island or something. The whole film was pretty much in that area.
Yeah, thats "The Narrows." And that is the island where Arkham is. At the end of BB and the beginning of TDK they talk about the Narrows being lost because of Ra's/Crane's stunt. My guess, and from what little I know of the plot of TDKR, says that we see the Narrows again in TDKR.

90% of the shots in this movie are closeups. And if they're not literal closeups, they feel like they are too close to the action.

Scarecrow underused.

Just two off the top of my head:
Too much shaky cam.
How does the ME not evaporate the water in human's bodies? Science is sorta thrown out the window at times (but that's throughout the whole trilogy).

Okay, from smallest to biggest.

The acting was kind of hit and miss in some places, especially Katie Holmes. Made the character of Rachel Dawes forgettable.

Fight scenes were filmed poorly. I know the way they're directed was meant to invoke a sense of Batman being lightning fast and give a sense of disorientation but it comes across as more of a compensation for the choreography.

The whole "I won't kill you but I don't have to save you" bit. Batman ensured the train wouldn't stop and that Gordon will blow part of the train track. You bloody did kill him, even if you had a little help. Not only that but in retrospect the whole series contains points where Batman could've easily killed cops and henchmen, with the possibility of broken necks.

Finally and in my opinion the biggest problem, the microwave emitter. Now, allow me to tell you a little something about science and movies. They rarely get it right but they don't have to. As long as they're not failing the most basic forms of it, I can ignore flaws in science for the sake of the narrative. The key to believability is consistency. Batman Begins fails in that regard.

so the way the microwave emitter works is that it causes vaporization of water, turning it into steam. In the climax of the film, the villains intend to vaporize the water supply of all of Gotham which contains a fear toxin. They have been dumping this into the waters for weeks, maybe even months. The entire water supply of Gotham is laced with it and they dismiss that we haven't felt the effects because it has to be vaporized.

There are tens of millions of people in Gotham. How many of those people, per day would vaporize their water? For cooking, baths, showers or just a plain old need for hot water? You don't need microwaves to vaporize water, people do that all the time and there is no way in a city as big as Gotham that nobody went crazy or notice anyone going crazy for weeks. There would be an epidemic, reports would come in every minute. And yet not until the magic microwave emitter comes along does water turn into steam.

That is basic science, I learned it when I played with the water taps when I was a kid. Don't you know anything about science?!
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:They have been dumping this into the waters for weeks, maybe even months. The entire water supply of Gotham is laced with it and they dismiss that we haven't felt the effects because it has to be vaporized.

There are tens of millions of people in Gotham. How many of those people, per day would vaporize their water? For cooking, baths, showers or just a plain old need for hot water? You don't need microwaves to vaporize water, people do that all the time and there is no way in a city as big as Gotham that nobody went crazy or notice anyone going crazy for weeks. There would be an epidemic, reports would come in every minute. And yet not until the magic microwave emitter comes along does water turn into steam.

That is basic science, I learned it when I played with the water taps when I was a kid. Don't you know anything about science?!
That...that is brilliant. I feel ashamed for not noticing that myself. I was caught up with the "micro-emitter vaporizing people" debacle, but this is an aspect of the toxin-laced water that cannot be explained away.

Brillaint deduction!

BigIslandYU2 wrote: That...that is brilliant. I feel ashamed for not noticing that myself. I was caught up with the "micro-emitter vaporizing people" debacle, but this is an aspect of the toxin-laced water that cannot be explained away.

Brillaint deduction!
I bring this up all the time and a lot of people haven't noticed it either. Frankly I'm surprised so few do.
Or maybe I'm just smart. :shifty:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:
BigIslandYU2 wrote: That...that is brilliant. I feel ashamed for not noticing that myself. I was caught up with the "micro-emitter vaporizing people" debacle, but this is an aspect of the toxin-laced water that cannot be explained away.

Brillaint deduction!
I bring this up all the time and a lot of people haven't noticed it either. Frankly I'm surprised so few do.
Or maybe I'm just smart. :shifty:
Yes, that is odd. Maybe I should switch majors!

Unless...that's it! The microwaves were tuned to the native frequency of the water in Gotham's pipes. The toxin would not activate by mere vaporization, but only in the presence of the microwaves. This would bring about a unique chemical reaction on the molecular level, releasing the airborne toxin in its potent form!

That's right ---they had a microwave behind the cupboard at the League of Shadow's hideout! That's the real way they heated up the neurotoxin for Bruce Wayne's training!

...hey, I've tried to explain away Sphere, and succeeded to an extent. This is a piece of cake!