What flaws do you see in Batman Begins.

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
chee wrote:I don't think those actions were needed, he could've taken him to the police office for interrogation, but he didn't. He risked himself getting criminal charges and letting his career fall apart when he could've done it by the books.

Right at the moment that Rachel tells him she'll be safe at Bruce's, that would've been the point where a normal person would put down the gun and drive him over to the police.
He had quite a good reason to get so personally involved into it. Joker threw Rachel out of the window remember? That + the fact that they haven't yet captured the Joker and that Rachel wasn't yet in Wayne's apartment are enough of a reason to get pushy. We're talking about a threat here, which yes, it could cause him legal problems and credibility damage. And it's not normal for a DA let alone for Gotham's White Knight, but don't mix that with what's accepted as normal human actions under stress and so many reasons to at least make somebody piss his pants.

He wasn't around for when the Joker threw her out of the window. I suppose Rachel could've told him about it, but who knows, that wasn't a scene.

You'd think if he was so adamant about protecting Rachel, he'd drive the guy to the police office, throw him in the interrogation room, and then walk away with Rachel to be sure she's safe. But he's being irrational and kidnaps a guy and points a gun to his head. I don't think that's normal human behavior. Again, he had enough time to cool down, but he didn't, that's not normal.

Normal human behavior is pointing a gun to his head from the panic of the situation, while he's in the ambulance, not getting an answer, and then taking him to the police office.

chee wrote:He wasn't around for when the Joker threw her out of the window. I suppose Rachel could've told him about it, but who knows, that wasn't a scene.

You'd think if he was so adamant about protecting Rachel, he'd drive the guy to the police office, throw him in the interrogation room, and then walk away with Rachel to be sure she's safe. But he's being irrational and kidnaps a guy and points a gun to his head. I don't think that's normal human behavior. Again, he had enough time to cool down, but he didn't, that's not normal.
Are we still discussing what's normal or what's best? :)

And there were a lot of guests at that dinner, not to mention Batman showed up and saved her, there's no reason anyone should hide it. I'm just saying you can't really use that as an argument that he didn't know about what happened. They fell from a tall building onto a car's roof. Not really subtle.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, I hope you understand.

I wasn't using that as an argument, I even said that Rachel could've told him, its just that there were no scenes for that. :P

JimmyFraska wrote: 1. He never intended on killing that man. At that point, the coin had two identical sides.

2. I assume he was called Two-Face because they didn't trust him and his 'perfect leader of society' image. Once again, he didn't use it all the time, it had two identical sides. Did you not catch that?
I wouldn't say he didn't intend to kill that man. Actually we don't really know about it as Batman came in at that moment and told him to stop, that he was mentally ill and that he wouldn't get anything out of this guy. I think this moment was clearly there to show that Dent was already not stable there. Rachel's death and the Joker's talk just pushed him on the other side.

Yeah, I was not totally sure if the coin had two identical sides, that's why I said I wondered why Two-Face had to throw his coin again and again before deciding someone should die or not... Like in the car, how come does the guy sitting next to him is a "lucky man" and the driver isn't if it the sames sides? How does he decide? :oops:
chee wrote: It still shows that he's loosing his marbles. No person in their right mind would point a gun to someone's face and threaten them for info.

And besides that, he went from a calm and controlled voice when he was talking to Rachel on the phone to a raging loon when he was talking to the kidnapped guy. That's not normal behavior.

He's a DA, let the guy go to jail and interrogate him there. Kidnapping him and putting a gun to his face isn't normal.
I also agree with you Chee, I will have to watch it again to be completely sure, but it didn't feel to me like he was afraid to lose Rachel there, I think he really wanted his answers and the fact that the guy wasn't answering got him out of him a bit.

Yeah, I was not totally sure if the coin had two identical sides, that's why I said I wondered why Two-Face had to throw his coin again and again before deciding someone should die or not... Like in the car, how come does the guy sitting next to him is a "lucky man" and the driver isn't if it the sames sides? How does he decide? :oops:
The coin had the same sides up until Rachel's death. The gasoline and the explosion burnt one side, which he used to decide who to kill.

chee wrote:
The coin had the same sides up until Rachel's death. The gasoline and the explosion burnt one side, which he used to decide who to kill.
Oh ok, thanks, I didn't got that part much apparently :shifty:

The Suit was kinda goofy looking in some scenes
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:The Suit was kinda goofy looking in some scenes
I liked it, but I preferred the suit in The Dark Knight. I didn't think the Batman Begins looked goofy, but in some scenes it looked a little odd, but it looks fine the majority of the time. The combat suit in The Dark Knight is way better though, in my opinion.

Mason01 wrote:
dafox wrote:The Suit was kinda goofy looking in some scenes
I liked it, but I preferred the suit in The Dark Knight. I didn't think the Batman Begins looked goofy, but in some scenes it looked a little odd, but it looks fine the majority of the time. The combat suit in The Dark Knight is way better though, in my opinion.
:eh: Maybe i was a little too hard on it
but do you think there will be a new one in Rises ? :think:
"When art imitates life"