What flaws do you see in Batman Begins.

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
I thought the kid was an interesting part of the film. I thought the kid became the embodiment of what Batman was fighting for. A kid whose parents fought all the time growing up in a place like the narrows and yet he still had hope. He was Batman's hope that Gotham could be saved.

theweatherman wrote:I thought the kid was an interesting part of the film. I thought the kid became the embodiment of what Batman was fighting for. A kid whose parents fought all the time growing up in a place like the narrows and yet he still had hope. He was Batman's hope that Gotham could be saved.
good POV :)

The first hour of Batman Begins is vastly superior to the rest of the film. And it's not because of Katie Holmes and the little kid.
My main issue with the second half of the film mainly lies with the screenplay, which too often falls back on the norms of superhero films in both dialog and events. What starts out as an excellent drama turns into something relatively unchallenging and expected. And I think that's what really separates The Dark Knight from Batman Begins. The Dark Knight rarely panders and remains audacious the entire way through.

Nolan worked the whole way throughout the first film to achieve a realist-solid character of Batman, I don't have a problem with that, I think you feel the way you do about the first part of Begins because the very story of Bruce Wayne becoming batman was something that had never been told before, at least not as "in an absolute story" you know, the consequence of that story was the second half which is Wayne as Batman back in Gotham fulfilling his Objective, fighting crime and all, something that I guess we've seen before, TDK works as another consequence after this, as you know. It works as the very implication of someone like Batman existing at the heart of Gotham city, something that, as the origin story, had been never explored before.

George wrote:The first hour of Batman Begins is vastly superior to the rest of the film. And it's not because of Katie Holmes and the little kid.
My main issue with the second half of the film mainly lies with the screenplay, which too often falls back on the norms of superhero films in both dialog and events. What starts out as an excellent drama turns into something relatively unchallenging and expected. And I think that's what really separates The Dark Knight from Batman Begins. The Dark Knight rarely panders and remains audacious the entire way through.
Yes, that's exactly the movie's problem. It's why I term the film "half-baked".

I agree with the two above me. Batman Begins in my opinion is probably the only Nolan film that near the end I got bored and realized that it was predicable. It was well written, and the whole League of The Shadows thing was cool too, but I thought Scarecrow was a lame villain, and the League was way too easily defeated. Plus the train scene was exciting, but didn't anyone else notice that though the train is at full speed and Batman is fighting Ra's Al Ghul, Gordon and the others have what seems like loads of time in the clips mixed with the fight scene? :shifty:

For all of the movies problems (not many) I'm just happy batman didn't have ice skates in his boots. It might not have been perfect but It made it ok for you to be over ten and like batman.

:batface:
Say Girl

That picture is just embarrassing to look at. I think looking at that picture immediately improves everyone's opinion of Batman Begins/Dark Knight, no matter who you are.

steveportee wrote:That picture is just embarrassing to look at. I think looking at that picture immediately improves everyone's opinion of Batman Begins/Dark Knight, no matter who you are.
so true
and its sad cuz I love george
he is just not batman
Say Girl

Yeah one of the worst movies ever, simply... gay