What flaws do you see in Batman Begins.

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:AAAAA no
Er yes, The Scarecrow was clearly the more interesting of the two villains. I thin Nolan & co could've done some really interesting stuff with Scarecrow had they not included Ra's in this movie. Cillian Murphy was misused in BB which is a shame as he's a good actor.

I really liked Scarecrow but the way he went out was just stupid.

gaspernoe wrote:
Er yes, The Scarecrow was clearly the more interesting of the two villains. I thin Nolan & co could've done some really interesting stuff with Scarecrow had they not included Ra's in this movie. Cillian Murphy was misused in BB which is a shame as he's a good actor.
Hardly. His motivations were very basic and sure he had some cool fear has but overall he was pretty weak. For a Batman origin film Ra's was a great option.
Sigs???

gaspernoe wrote:
If anything I would say Scarecrow was misused in TDKR. The combination of his fear toxin and Bane could have produced something very exciting for the audience.

jcvargas09 wrote:
gaspernoe wrote:
If anything I would say Scarecrow was misused in TDKR. The combination of his fear toxin and Bane could have produced something very exciting for the audience.
would have been a forced distraction
Sigs???

Katie Holmes. Though she fits the idea of the character here.
Narrows definitely feels like a set at times.

While hardly my favourite Nolan film, BB is kinda perfect in what it intends to achieve.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:Katie Holmes. Though she fits the idea of the character here.
Narrows definitely feels like a set at times.

While hardly my favourite Nolan film, BB is kinda perfect in what it intends to achieve.
I hated all the scenes in the narrows. Nolan tried to re-create the look of Blade Runner but I don't think he achieved it. His grounded approach in TDK was far superior where practically the whole film was shot on locations rather than sets. And it goes without saying that Katie Holmes sucked.

I think BB is Nolan's weakest movie but one can understand why that is considering it's his first big blockbuster.

ventman wrote:The only two flaws I can see with Batman Begins is the water vapouriser which should have been replaced with something more plausible.

The other flaw is Rachel Dawes. I would have much preferred to have seen Harvey Dent introduced in Batman Begins instead of Rachel and develop his character as a parallel to Batman. Of course the Dark Knight would have to be adjusted and the deciding factor which turned Harvey into Two Face would have to be re-written. But I think it'd be worth it just to see Harvey in Batman Begins as a secondary character but already we see his obsession with the mob and underlying mental instability which didn't really form a part of his character in the films until his became Two Face.
Then who would the love interest be in both movies?

Harvey of course
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Harvey of course
I can live with this.
Do you... like pineapple?