Why So Underapreciated?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
for me it goes like this, The Dark Knight is the greatest super hero/comic book based movie ever made, before this film, Batman Begins held the same title, this two movies, in my opinion are better than other films like Spiderman 2 or the first Superman, Batman Begins probably stands for itself as one of the most faithful movies based on heroes, is that important, that was the movie that I was expecting since ever and the one that introduced me to Christopher Nolan's filmmaking.

"It came off of the franchise-killer Batman & Robin and wasn't marketed as well as it could have been. A lot of people didn't know that it wasn't in the same continuity as the past films. I know a lot of people who never saw it in theatres because of that (another Batman movie?!) but later saw it on DVD and kicked themselves for not seeing it in the theatre."

I would be one of them, I didn't know who Chris Nolan was until I saw Batman Begins on DVD. Wish I would have seen it in theaters, and I like all his other films that I've seen.

that's true, the issue was many people weren't prepared or warned about this film, it came suddenly for me, I've always been a batman fan so I just went to see it, but it really took everyone by the balls.
"The Intimidation Game" :lol:

As much as I loved TDK, Begins definitely gets all the credit with me. I actually think it's the better film as a whole if we're being honest. Yes, TDK was entertaining and had a lot of emotion, a great story, one of the best portrayals of a villain ever... But Begins will always be my favorite of any of the Batman films.

comon
why so serious :lol:

Storyline/Dialogue: 8
Acting: 8,5
Art Direction: 9
Cinematography/Editing: 9,5
Soundtrack/Score: 9,5
Visual Effects: 9
===================================================================
OVERALL – 8,9

good movie and I think it gets the credit it deserves more now than then.

This had a much better story than The Dark Knight. It had nothing to work off of.

OVERMAN wrote:for me it goes like this, The Dark Knight is the greatest super hero/comic book based movie ever made, before this film, Batman Begins held the same title, this two movies, in my opinion are better than other films like Spiderman 2 or the first Superman, Batman Begins probably stands for itself as one of the most faithful movies based on heroes, is that important, that was the movie that I was expecting since ever and the one that introduced me to Christopher Nolan's filmmaking.
Agree with you, word for word. :thumbup:

kanjisheik wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:for me it goes like this, The Dark Knight is the greatest super hero/comic book based movie ever made, before this film, Batman Begins held the same title, this two movies, in my opinion are better than other films like Spiderman 2 or the first Superman, Batman Begins probably stands for itself as one of the most faithful movies based on heroes, is that important, that was the movie that I was expecting since ever and the one that introduced me to Christopher Nolan's filmmaking.
Agree with you, word for word. :thumbup:
Same. I had never even heard of him before this.

Why So Underapreciated?

several people i know, think that batman begins is better than tdk. i also think that in some areas, batman begins is better than tdk. anyway..both movies are great.

my comic book ranking would be:

1. tdk
2. batman begins / spiderman 2 / the crow
3. iron man / burton's batrman / spiderman 1