Why So Underapreciated?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
That teaser was sick. However, as for the film.
The first half is flawless; yet, the second half is terrible compared to the first half. We have the microwave emmitter, which felt so cliche, plus that part was just boring comparted to the first half for me. I still like the film, but compared to Following, Inception, TDK, Memento, and The Prestige, the film just isn't that great.

kanjisheik wrote:It was the teaser of Batman Begins that intrigued me actually. The trailers were quite conventional, but that teaser was awesome. It basically defines Batman in 1 minute.

Whoever did it is a frakking genius.
damn i forgot Bale had recorded a scene just for the teaser! Incredible clue of the effort Chris Nolan and his actors put in the promotion of his movies (TDK viral marketing was just A-W-E-S-O-M-E... Bale, Eckhart and other actors were actually playing their characters like in everyday life..)
The Silent Guardian wrote:That teaser was sick. However, as for the film.
The first half is flawless; yet, the second half is terrible compared to the first half. We have the microwave emmitter, which felt so cliche, plus that part was just boring comparted to the first half for me. I still like the film, but compared to Following, Inception, TDK, Memento, and The Prestige, the film just isn't that great.
In my opinion the second part was necessary. I mean.. we don't see Batman for nearly 50 minutes! There was need of action. I really like the first part, because tells the story of a man who became a symbol in such a fascinating way.. but after the suit come up it was time to show what Batman could really do. Maybe it can't be compared to other Nolan movies, but who cares? It's a great comic book movie, if not the best (my top3 would be TDK - Begins - V for Vendetta)
Cilogy wrote: Also, if you were to make a scale from "Artistic Film" to "Summer Blockbuster Movie," I feel BB is closer to artistic than TDK. I'm not saying TDK is a brainless blockbuster (it's incredible filmmaking) but you can tell that some of the film had to be for sensationalism's sake.
I disagree...
I mean, none of them is a simple "summer blockbuster", because Nolan did a great job in exploring the characters and the relationships between them. The stories are brilliant, and in some way realistic. I think that TDK is closer to Artistic, because it is shot with more accuracy, and Chris had no "limitations" from WB, he could really express all his creativity and aims (he told that Heat from M.Mann was the main inspiration for TDK, but people compared it to Godfather, Untouchables.. i mean, Begins can't even stand close to one of those!).
Anyway, I really love Begins, because it's the first movie that tells the story of this vigilante in a serious and mature way. But I ADORE The Dark Knight, because it's something that broke all the rules.. all the cliches, it was kind of revolutionary, in terms of blockbusters filmmaking.. it's asbsolutely not true that it was meant to feed sensationalism's sake.. it's a complex movie for a medium watcher.. more complex than Begins.

Two Words:

The Joker
gib sigs

poor Bale/Bats, too much underrated :cry:

criticizing the second half where batman actually begins, don't tell me it's because of the microwave thing, the story had to go somewhere, they had to do something like that to eventually show why batman does what he does

OVERMAN wrote:criticizing the second half where batman actually begins, don't tell me it's because of the microwave thing, the story had to go somewhere, they had to do something like that to eventually show why batman does what he does
Yeah, but did it have to be a microwave?

I mean, why did it have to be a microwave, we could have just had the League of Shadows come in and terrorize the city, rather than have a microwave.

I still like the film, and the first half is flawless, but the second half is worse, let's face it.

The Silent Guardian wrote:Yeah, but did it have to be a microwave?

I mean, why did it have to be a microwave, we could have just had the League of Shadows come in and terrorize the city, rather than have a microwave.
The toxin was spread easier by the water system, and some device had to be used in order for all the people of the Narrows to breath in the toxin and strike fear into the population.

Terrorism is just simple terrorism, but spreading actual, genuine fear across the city was important for them.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

exactly. Using fear as the element to destroy Gotham was the best possible way to put the new batman into action, the league of shadows could have done what you said, but the truth is that it would have been incredibly boring and cliche.

OVERMAN wrote:he league of shadows could have done what you said, but the truth is that it would have been incredibly boring and cliche.

hell yeah...
if there's one thing that Nolan avoided is CLICHè... in begins there are some, but they don't ruin the movie; then with TDK he succeeded in breaking all the rules of the genre.

maggie fuckin sucked ass in the dark knight, i want to bone katie holmes so bad. eat my shorts tom :batface: