Did David S Goyer ruin this film?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
If this film was "ruined", TDK and TDKR would never exist.
We really should stop this fighting, otherwise we'll miss the fireworks!

natalie wrote:Who said this film was ruined? :problem:

I enjoy BB as much as TDK and TDKR so my short answer is no. As it was pointed out, these films are what they are because of Goyer. Nolan actually insisted Goyer come on board to help out when he first took on Batman Begins. Goyer could be a better writer but he's a pretty good one. I believe his involvement in The Dark Knight Trilogy is invaluable.

Goyer can write stuff so the younger audience can relate and understand and laugh. While Nolan takes care of the more serious parts.

Goyer is a comicbook writer. Nolan needed him to help write the script and come up with the story since Goyer is you know the one with all the knowledge of the comics.

Nolan doing it alone.. he would be blind as a bat.
Say Girl

Peace wrote:Goyer is a comicbook writer. Nolan needed him to help write the script and come up with the story since Goyer is you know the one with all the knowledge of the comics.

Nolan did not hire or need Goyer. Nolan was simply hired as a director before Goyer was hired to write the screenplay. I remember Nolan also talked about always wanting to make a Batman origins movie, and he never intended to make it a trilogy either.

Jungian wrote:
Peace wrote:Goyer is a comicbook writer. Nolan needed him to help write the script and come up with the story since Goyer is you know the one with all the knowledge of the comics.

Nolan did not hire or need Goyer. Nolan was simply hired as a director before Goyer was hired to write the screenplay. I remember Nolan also talked about always wanting to make a Batman origins movie, and he never intended to make it a trilogy either.
Nolan keeps his cards close to the chest. If BB made money he knew he would be making a next one. He's so coy that Nolan. He knew damn well he was more then likely going to make a trilogy.

But unlike Marvel he likes to really surprise us. That's why I love him. I mean you really think they didn't plan it out in the four years between Insomnia and Batman Begins? You think he could really find time to write all of this stuff in the years between BB and TDK.. nevermind he made another film between the two. Then Inception before TDKR. That's not alot of time to come up with an epic three part trilogy... I mean if it was done that way Nolan is a super writer.

You really think those four years Nolan and Goyer spent together before Batman Begins was only used to come up with Begins?
Say Girl

Peace wrote:You really think those four years Nolan and Goyer spent together before Batman Begins was only used to come up with Begins?
Yes of course. I sure as hell dont believe Nolan is a liar when he said he never intended to make a trilogy. He intended to make a Batman origins story, and by God did he do it with of course in collaboration with Goyer. I enjoy BB the most of them all because it feels utterly complete, and the Joker card at the end was simply a nod to the movie which started the franchise.

Jungian wrote:
Peace wrote:You really think those four years Nolan and Goyer spent together before Batman Begins was only used to come up with Begins?
Yes of course. I sure as hell dont believe Nolan is a liar when he said he never intended to make a trilogy. He intended to make a Batman origins story, and by God did he do it with of course in collaboration with Goyer. I enjoy BB the most of them all because it feels utterly complete, and the Joker card at the end was simply a nod to the movie which started the franchise.
Sure man....

OK

You think magicians consider themselves liars? That card was just a nod to the movie that started the franchise?

Funny cuz everyone who doesn't hang on Nolan's word thought it was a clear indication The Joker was up next.. and they were right. Hell lol Gordon says the word escalation. A term Nolan threw around like crazy while promting TDK. Yeah he didn't plan it at all.

Nolan knows what he is doing.
Say Girl