Did David S Goyer ruin this film?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Jungian wrote:Yea ok your opinion is your opinion. Good job on sounding like a conspiracy nut :lol:

http://gothamist.com/2012/07/25/christo ... on_doi.php

I will take Nolan's own words for it, and not yours.
LOL man that sounds like the best way to say yeah we pretty much planned it out around the time Begins starting to come together.

I mean he likes to focus on one movie at a time. If he had said WB was planning on a trilogy that would lead to more questions and blah blah blah. Nolan ain't got time for that lol.

Unlike Marvel yes they took their time, but in their minds I'm pretty sure they thought well if this movie does well we have an idea of where he want it to go. I wonder when Goyer went to Nolan about his idea for Sup. I find it telling he went to Nolan to tell him about the idea... ok now I'm really getting ahead of myself :lol:
Say Girl

Peace wrote:
Jungian wrote:Yea ok your opinion is your opinion. Good job on sounding like a conspiracy nut :lol:

http://gothamist.com/2012/07/25/christo ... on_doi.php

I will take Nolan's own words for it, and not yours.
LOL man that sounds like the best way to say yeah we pretty much planned it out around the time Begins starting to come together.

I mean he likes to focus on one movie at a time. If he had said WB was planning on a trilogy that would lead to more questions and blah blah blah. Nolan ain't got time for that lol.

Unlike Marvel yes they took their time, but in their minds I'm pretty sure they thought well if this movie does well we have an idea of where he want it to go. I wonder when Goyer went to Nolan about his idea for Sup. I find it telling he went to Nolan to tell him about the idea... ok now I'm really getting ahead of myself :lol:
True true =)

I also believe Nolan saw the cool visuals of Sucker Punch and decided Snyder was the man for Sup.

The movie would have been too serious without Goyer.

natalie wrote:Who said this film was ruined? :problem:

If Goyer kept his dick off the script it would've been perfect

No. Though Batman Begins and the rest of the trilogy are noticably different, it's not to the point where it ruins the tone and setting of the film. Sure, the Microwave Emitter is admitedly a stretch of the imagination, but so is the thought of a man dressed as a giant bat that beats up criminals. Personally, Batman Begins was my favourite of the trilogy, because it felt the most like a superhero movie, but I think that's because it was from the pre-TDK era.

The main plot is all Goyer. Nolan did revisions, added more detail and changed dialogue. But Goyer did good. In fact, he did great. Without him and his extensive knowledge in Batman's lore, Nolan would be lost and wouldn't know what to do with the story. Goyer knew all the comic book stuff, and Nolan knew where and when to put it. It was a great collaboration.