"Tell them that joke you know"

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
What joke was Bruce talking about?

idk
Sigs???

lol this thread. Way to miss Teddy's message and waste bandwidth

A couple were invited to a swanky family masked fancy dress Halloween party.

The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time to be spoiled by not going.

So he took his costume and away he went. The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, woke without pain and as it was still early, decided to go to the party. As her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him. So she joined the party and soon spotted her husband in his costume, cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice "chick" he could and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there.

His wife went up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself,
He left his present partner high and dry and devoted his time to the sexy new chick.

She, enjoying the charade, letting him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

After more drinks he finally whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went into the back garden and had passionate intercourse.

Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make up for his outrageous behaviour.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, so she asked what kind of
Time he had.

Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not with me."

Then she asked," Did you dance much?"

He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the spare room and played poker all evening.

"You must have looked really silly wearing that costume playing
Poker all night!" she said with unashamed sarcasm and brewing outrage.

To which the husband replied,
"Actually, I gave my costume to your Dad, and apparently he had the time of his life."
gib sigs

@Pratham

Bruce wasn't being serious and wasn't referring to any one joke. He was just telling Alfred to say a few words to explain Bruce's absence and keep the guests entertained.

Without a doubt considering the rich and famous setting Bruce Wayne lived in, the joke would have to be Alfred's version of.....The Aristocrats!

Red Hood wrote:What joke was Bruce talking about?
Why didn't Batman go fishing today? Because Robin ate the worms. :D

"So, this rich guy takes his wife and son to the opera. . ."

Pratham wrote:A couple were invited to a swanky family masked fancy dress Halloween party.

The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time to be spoiled by not going.

So he took his costume and away he went. The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, woke without pain and as it was still early, decided to go to the party. As her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him. So she joined the party and soon spotted her husband in his costume, cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice "chick" he could and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there.

His wife went up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself,
He left his present partner high and dry and devoted his time to the sexy new chick.

She, enjoying the charade, letting him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

After more drinks he finally whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went into the back garden and had passionate intercourse.

Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make up for his outrageous behaviour.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, so she asked what kind of
Time he had.

Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not with me."

Then she asked," Did you dance much?"

He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the spare room and played poker all evening.

"You must have looked really silly wearing that costume playing
Poker all night!" she said with unashamed sarcasm and brewing outrage.

To which the husband replied,
"Actually, I gave my costume to your Dad, and apparently he had the time of his life."
That's so kubrick lol, how did I miss this!