I must be the only one who prefers this to TDK

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
filmfanatic wrote:Batman's roots are noir and Nolan captures that to a T.

absolutely true :clap:

As much as I love TDK, I find I prefer Batman Begins. Maybe because I think it's more of a comic book movie and TDK to have a more blockbuster quality to it. I guess I also love the rise of Bruce Wayne story and his training, as well as the captivating Liam Neeson, who really shows off Nolan's writing skills with philosophical flair.

Also, Holmes is hot, Gyllenhaal is not.

Dream Thief wrote:As much as I love TDK, I find I prefer Batman Begins. Maybe because I think it's more of a comic book movie and TDK to have a more blockbuster quality to it. I guess I also love the rise of Bruce Wayne story and his training, as well as the captivating Liam Neeson, who really shows off Nolan's writing skills with philosophical flair.

Also, Holmes is hot, Gyllenhaal is not.
She ain't so bad. I agree to many people's statement's that Batman Begins is more like a comic book film, and The Dark Knight being a action, thriller type blockbuster with Batman chucked in there. But really, there both unique and different in there own ways, they are just as good as each other. I prefer The Dark Knight, but respect Batman Begins fully.

:batface:

I watched the two films again a few days ago and found that I enjoyed Batman Begins much more than I had done previously. Then I watched The Dark Knight and didn't find it as good as I had done in the past :/ I like the way that Batman Begins follows Batman's character and it shows his development over a much longer time span than TDK. Also, TDK is in a very similar setting throughout the film so it was almost a pleasure and a break to see the start of BB up the mountain and away from the city. At the moment in my books they're about level at the moment which surprises me as I previously thought TDK was a much better film. But I'm sure my opinion will change again after every future viewing of the two :)

At first I liked BB more as it was easier to follow, and I am a sucker for the origin story of Batman. With TDK, I had to watch the movie at least 4 times to actually understand what the plot was about. It was the kind of film where if you tuned out for 20 seconds, you wouldn't be able to understand the rest of the movie (heaven forbid I should ever have done that during a Nolan film).
But now, I would have to say that both films are equally good in their own ways. Or maybe I just can't choose between Nolan films... :?

I prefer BB over TDK actually. I felt it was more personal in regards to Bruce's life. Seeing Bruce become Batman was great to see.....TDK, on the other hand, seem to focus on the Joker's exploits rather Batman. TDK had a better villain and better action sequences. However, I thought BB had a more interesting story.

Fran wrote:I prefer BB over TDK actually. I felt it was more personal in regards to Bruce's life. Seeing Bruce become Batman was great to see.....TDK, on the other hand, seem to focus on the Joker's exploits rather Batman. TDK had a better villain and better action sequences. However, I thought BB had a more interesting story.
I agree with everything you said although they are equal on my list.

Na, I prefer The Dark Knight to Batman Begins. I like the story better, the action is significantly better, Heath Ledger's performance is the best piece of acting in either film, plus it has much more replay value for me. Both are awesome though.

After a recent re-watch of both films consequetively, I now realise what a beautiful job the Nolans did in recreating this franchise from what it was before. And to achieve that BB had to be amazing. without BB's seamlessness, DK wouldn't have been what it is.
I can probably say the same about DKR in referencce to both BB and DK.

For some reason, BB wasn't nearly as popular. I think that's why TDK is often seen as the better film; it got more critical acclaim and gained a much larger spotlight than BB. I don't know why though. :neutral: I thought that BB was better done to be honest.