I must be the only one who prefers this to TDK

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
All I'm saying is that the quotes imply more than just two people being present. After all he says that they all had different opinions about the movies. I would assume Jonah and Goyer were there. Probably Emma too, and potentially other Nolan regulars like Lee Smith, John Papsidera, Chris Corbould or maybe even some producers. Nolan tends to get his team together to watch films that may apply to their work before they begin production.

The_Maestro wrote:
theweatherman wrote:
No it implies that among the people that watched it some like TDK and some like BB, unless there is a part of the quote saying who was there watching it with them, it implies nothing about Chris. When I first read the quote I assumed it was a group of all the usual suspects involved in Nolan's films. There were probably 8-10 people watching the films.
Exactly. You assumed.

Why would Wally be talking to 8 other people about which type of STORYTELLING they preferred?
Why wouldn't he? For all we know it was just Wally/Chris/Jonah/Goyer watching it. I'm going with weatherman here. Nolan may well prefer BB, and it may well been who Wally was referring to, but I saw this interview, and he mentioned it in passing as a lead up to say which he preferred in the context of them rewatching it, so there easily could have been many present.

Personally, I think Nolan likes BB more but is more proud of the accomplishment of TDK. Batman Begins is this grand story, The Dark Knight is pure momentum.

-Vader

I prefer The Dark Knight to Batman Begins, though Batman Begins was also an excellent superhero film.
If nothing else, it comes down to the fact that I hate Katie Holmes.

Acting wise, I prefer Bale in the first one; but that's probably the writing. (BB)
Heath Ledger as the Joker pretty much takes the cake in TDK though. (TDK)

The second one had many more plot twists than the first. (TDK)
The second one created better dilemmas for Batman. (TDK)
The second one had slightly more developed musical themes. (TDK)

Because of the LOS, I think Batman Begins had more fighting. (BB)
But the criminals schemes were better in the second one. (TDK)

Carmine Falcone is the best mobster so far. (BB)
But the Dark Knight had the killer bank robbery scene. (TD)

The best character arc in the series is Harvey Dent (TDK).

Batman Begins was more loyal to the comics (BB).
Batman Begins setup of the series, so gets a natural bonus (BB).

But the Dark Knight wins out, in the end, because of the themes it deals with, the overall quality of the film, the academy award winning performance of the late Heath Ledger, as well as presenting viewers with much food for thought.

Batman Begins didn't really leave me with anything philosophical to discuss.

Dark Knight wins.

(Did I mention that I hate Katie Holmes?)

I'm happy Batman Begins didn't leave me anything to think about except this: "Finally a proper Batman film has been made!" I did not need a sequel either, I saw the ending with the Joker card as a little tribute to Jack ^
Nolan did not turn Batman into a superhero either, he kept it very real. But the harsh real reality of TDK felt a bit forced, dunno why..maybe I had seen too much on the news in those days. And for TDKR I can only hope there is something to really escape in like BB did for me, instead of being reminded of the reality WE currently live in as I got with TDK.

Well, I must admit, I'm totally unable to say which one I prefer, between BB and TDK. They're both masterpieces.

Now, this ain't a very useful post. :lol:

tykjen wrote:I'm happy Batman Begins didn't leave me anything to think about except this: "Finally a proper Batman film has been made!" I did not need a sequel either, I saw the ending with the Joker card as a little tribute to Jack ^
Nolan did not turn Batman into a superhero either, he kept it very real. But the harsh real reality of TDK felt a bit forced, dunno why..maybe I had seen too much on the news in those days. And for TDKR I can only hope there is something to really escape in like BB did for me, instead of being reminded of the reality WE currently live in as I got with TDK.
That mostly sounds like your bias for a desire for escapism harmed your experience watching. To me, the fact it's almost too real is what makes it so unnerving and at times terrifying.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:That mostly sounds like your bias for a desire for escapism harmed your experience watching. To me, the fact it's almost too real is what makes it so unnerving and at times terrifying.

-Vader
Sorry to dissapoint you. I'm just a big fan of The Batman. Always have been. I used to escape into the comics when I was a child..of course I wouldn't want any less from the movies. I do like Burton's versions too so that is said. But something was missing..and that was the story of origin, which BB did [perfectly].

TDK was simply an escalation of it all, but it did NOT feel like fiction at anytime to me(except for the stupid sonar vision).
Nolan creates real characters to put it that way, no matter how insane they are. Which overshadows any flaws I find.
Flying Rodent wrote:Well, I must admit, I'm totally unable to say which one I prefer, between BB and TDK. They're both masterpieces.

Now, this ain't a very useful post. :lol:
Oh, I can't disagree with that :) I'm just favouring one above the other.