Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.

There was no need to tell an origins story of Batman

It's just one of the reasons why TDK is a million times better than this movie. I don't think I'm the only who thinks that the whole origins story was completely unnecessary. It took out all the mystery of Batman as a character. Batman's introduction in TDK was perfect if you ignore BB.
Oh fuck you.
misterlister wrote:It's just one of the reasons why TDK is a million times better than this movie. I don't think I'm the only who thinks that the whole origins story was completely unnecessary. It took out all the mystery of Batman as a character. Batman's introduction in TDK was perfect if you ignore BB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha I'm not even going to bother... ok it was completely unnecessary... whatever dude.
Last edited by Z. Cobb on January 19th, 2013, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no
RyanRises wrote:Oh fuck you.

Ouch, someone's touchy :lol: Am I not allowed to express an opinion? Begins has always been plodding to me whereas TDK got right into the action.
Lock.
That's why they called it a REBOOT. ;)
natalie wrote:That's why they called it a REBOOT. ;)

A reboot doesn't necessarily mean an origins story. The Dark Knight could easily have been the first movie. It's not as if loads of people saw Begins anyway. You don't need to see Begins to see Dark Knight. I think for me at least it took the entire mystery out of Batman by showing a step by step arc of Bruce Wayne's early life. The action and the villains totally got sidelined because of this.

I've always felt that TDK was the true Batman movie Christopher Nolan wanted to make and that BB was the producers/David S Goyer's pet project. There's a big gap in quality between the two movies.
misterlister wrote:
natalie wrote:That's why they called it a REBOOT. ;)

A reboot doesn't necessarily mean an origins story. The Dark Knight could easily have been the first movie. It's not as if loads of people saw Begins anyway. You don't need to see Begins to see Dark Knight. I think for me at least it took the entire mystery out of Batman by showing a step by step arc of Bruce Wayne's early life. The action and the villains totally got sidelined because of this.

I've always felt that TDK was the true Batman movie Christopher Nolan wanted to make and that BB was the producers/David S Goyer's pet project. There's a big gap in quality between the two movies.

no

no

nonono

You don't understand storytelling very well, do you
This is a trilogy and a journey, unlike other Batman films,we go deeper. Nolan and co explore an untold story of Bruce Wayne from alley to LoS and we learn who this is. Of BB never existed, why would we care at all about Bruce Wayne or Batman? This is one of the stupidest things ever said. :facepalm:
Next page →
← Return to Batman Begins