Am I the only one who thought Ra's was the best villain?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Wouldn't say the best. But he was most badass though.

Bane will always be my favorite, but Ra's is great (as is Liam). I loved Ra's as the arc between the first and the third movie and also as the arc between Bruce and Bane (and Talia, of course). I stayed away from spoilers for TDKR, so when I heard Liam's voice off-screen in Bruce's delirium in the pit, I about squee'd in the theater. :clap:

Neeson is incredibly underrated as Ducard/Al Ghul. My favorite seen of his is him at Wayne Manor verbally raping Bruce's beliefs.
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Neeson is incredibly underrated as Ducard/Al Ghul. My favorite seen of his is him at Wayne Manor verbally raping Bruce's beliefs.
My favorite is the sword play/verbal repartee on the glacier lake. :D

Overshadowed by the performances in the other movies really, Neeson is great but he always does this kind of character. I still really like the writing though.

It's time to spread the word...

I'd personally rank him third.

Joker
Bane
Ras
Two-Face
Scarecrow
Talia

All were great villains though...well accept Talia.

Ra's is definitely one of my favorite characters in the trilogy. Ra's and Bruce's relationship is very well done. I definitely think that his rapport with Bruce is my favorite over his connection with the other villains.

Ra's was the only villain Bruce was actually close to so that made him special and different from everyone else. I think even in the end and betrayal he saw Ra's as a friend. I find this as one of the flaws in TDKR (still love the film). I think they tried to recreate that relationship with Bruce and Talia. But it didn't work as well. At least I never really felt like Bruce cared for her that much or really felt that betrayed when she stabbed him. He seemed more betrayed when Ra's came after him. Of course he and Ra's had a several year history. And Ra's fulfilled a father figure in Bruce's life.

I don't know if Ra's is the best, but he's a great and often overlooked villain in the trilogy.

It's no secret Joker and Bane are much more popular, while I love them I always thought that Ra's was the best. I just love his whole character, and how he views himself as a person saving the world himself. The way he interacted with Bruce, especially in the beginning, was great. This scene is in fact my favorite in BB:

Bane will always be my favorite, but Ra's is great (as is Liam). I loved Ra's as the arc between the first and the third movie and also as the arc between Bruce and Bane (and Talia, of course). I stayed away from spoilers for TDKR, so when I heard Liam's voice off-screen in Bruce's delirium in the pit, I about squee'd in the

Especially after the massive critical and commercial success of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight? BB was Christopher Nolan's first blockbuster movie and it really does show here. The Dark Knight was a step up in every way and it shows with the box office figures and the awards it received from various organizations including the Academy. Rises might not have have made quite the impact TDK made but it's still a far superior work to BB. The only thing BB has going for it is that Batman is more focused in this movie than in TDKR/TDKR.
Last edited by DoubleD on April 23rd, 2013, 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Double posting is not allowed.

I don't think Ra's is better than The Joker.

Ra's is also my favorite.
He might have been more popular if he was the villain in TDK/TDKR .

The mansion scene is my favorite in BB.