Does anyone find it a chore to watch Batman Begins now?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
This thread is beyond idiotic.
"When art imitates life"

I personally think Begins was better than Rises and I really loved Rises.

It has actually a more complicated story and less cliche, better villains, a harder to guess twist, a lot less logic gaps, a more compelling atmosphere (that's pretty much subjective I admit) and most important of all it have better last scenes for its villains, lol, the last one was a joke even though it's actually true.

Scarecrow's last scene was just as bad, if not worse, than those of Talia and Bane. And I don't think the story in Begins is less cliched than in Rises at all. Begins' plot is actually somewhat formulaic.

ResurrectionRas wrote:Scarecrow's last scene was just as bad, if not worse, than those of Talia and Bane. And I don't think the story in Begins is less cliched than in Rises at all. Begins' plot is actually somewhat formulaic.
Agree
Sigs???

ResurrectionRas wrote:Scarecrow's last scene was just as bad.
Not really because first of all it was not his death scene so it wasn't like it's over with his character or anything and secondly it quite fits his character, he was trying to pretend he is such a big deal using some kind of toxin gas while in the reality he was nothing. It's kinda like the same thing with Loki's humiliation.
ResurrectionRas wrote:And I don't think the story in Begins is less cliched than in Rises at all. Begins' plot is actually somewhat formulaic.
You might be right but the thing is Begins' story is much more filled with fresh details (There are a lot of them in Rises as well, just not as much) and that really makes you kinda forget the fact that you just watched another normal superhero rising story. That's actually the whole point of why it's so great. Nolan added a lot of details here and there to give some kind of uniqueness to the story which is about the only thing you can do when there is no option for telling an entirely different one.

He had that option for TDK and he used it perfectly and I expected him to do the same for the third installment, but he preferred to go the same way he went with Begins and even though some might find it more dramatic, story wise, I'd say it's a step back. I personally wanted him to make a movie more similar to Begins than TDK but I didn't wanted him to change the dark tone and originality of TDK.

Batman Begins has the best first act in any film of its genre, and one of the best even when compared to films outside its genre. And Scarecrow is an underrated villain.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

No. I think it's the best of the trilogy.

Master Virgo wrote:Not really because first of all it was not his death scene so it wasn't like it's over with his character or anything and secondly it quite fits his character, he was trying to pretend he is such a big deal using some kind of toxin gas while in the reality he was nothing. It's kinda like the same thing with Loki's humiliation.
Well the deaths of Bane and Talia were quite fitting for their characters as well. Many people have brought up the point that Bane died a soldier's death, completely unceremonious, and that Talia died in a way that mirrored her father's death and I think that's a valid analysis.
Master Virgo wrote:You might be right but the thing is Begins' story is much more filled with fresh details (There are a lot of them in Rises as well, just not as much) and that really makes you kinda forget the fact that you just watched another normal superhero rising story. That's actually the whole point of why it's so great. Nolan added a lot of details here and there to give some kind of uniqueness to the story which is about the only thing you can do when there is no option for telling an entirely different one.

He had that option for TDK and he used it perfectly and I expected him to do the same for the third installment, but he preferred to go the same way he went with Begins and even though some might find it more dramatic, story wise, I'd say it's a step back. I personally wanted him to make a movie more similar to Begins than TDK but I didn't wanted him to change the dark tone and originality of TDK.
I do agree that he did use a structure that was quite similar to Begins in Rises. I'm not sure it would have been possible to be as unconventional as he was in The Dark Knight for his last installment. The second film in a trilogy always has more storytelling possibilities since it isn't confined by an objective of either introducing or concluding. That wasn't the case with Rises and I think Nolan did as best as he could. I do acknowledge that the plot is quite straightforward, but I also think that he did include more than enough of those little details you talked about that can elevate such a film. Things like Batman's humiliation at the hands of Bane, the evolution of Gotham into a city approaching Armageddon, as well as all the little reveals made Rises more than just a basic superhero movie. I personally found it entirely satisfying as a conclusion. Maybe not as good an individual movie as The Dark Knight was, but for what it is, I found it to be very fulfilling.

The first hour of Begins is simply perfect. The 2nd half isnt as strong , but still a fantastic movie.

Not really. Often enough I prefer watching BB, depends on the mood.