Does anyone find it a chore to watch Batman Begins now?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
I've never found it a chore to watch BB. Infact, I find that it under-rated. At times even on this site.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:I've never found it a chore to watch BB. Infact, I find that it under-rated. At times even on this site.
Glad someone thinks alike. I prefer it over TDKR.

I wouldn't go quite that extreme. On one hand, it remains a great film, albeit one I can only watch after long periods of time (I find this with all Nolan films, however). On the other, it does run the risk of dragging at several points, in comparison to its successors. At the same time, one of my favourite moments in the entire trilogy (mentioned in another thread in the TDKR forum) is in the film, so I don't find it a chore to watch it for that reason alone.

Dumb thread.

07202012 wrote:Dumb thread.

bootsy wrote:
07202012 wrote:Dumb thread.
Sigs???

Batman Begins, is, in DROVES , THE best Batman movie ever made and ever will be made. It is amazing how it draws you in and you forget all the other Batman movies. The pacing is perfect, I am amazed how it deals with his childhood trauma , his "vagrancy" studying the criminal mind, and his training the likes of which is physical skills are demoted to the emotional and moral trials he is expected to face. Batman Begins will be the Star Wars of this generation. Most filmmakers have and will cite it as the perfect blending of story with blockbuster spectacle. It IS the first movie and only movie ABOUT Batman/Bruce Wayne! As far as it lagging. No not at all , after a mesmerizing first hour , about hour one he's in the Batsuit like you've seen him before and preying on thugs , in the way he is supposed to and have'nt seen. Movies like Iron Man and Star Trek all are brilliant because they approach the source material the way it's supposed to be taken seriously the way Batman Begins does.

It isn't my favourite Nolan film but not in a million years is it a chore to watch. Must be thinking of the Joel Schumacher films...

As others have said, loved the pacing of the film. My only gripe was that Batman let Ra's die at the end. I haven't read any comics in many years but (correct me if I'm wrong) I didn't think Batman let his nemeses die, like ever. He was always the bigger man and tried to save them. I felt the same for Harvey in The Dark Knight, just thankful they didn't kill off the Joker like in the Burton films.

There were at times where I felt that Batman Begins was a better film than The Dark Knight because it was a proper Batman film. But for me, it goes like this:

Best Films in General:
The Dark Knight> The Dark Knight Rises> Batman Begins

Best Batman Films:
The Dark Knight Rises> Batman Begins> The Dark Knight

Cahill85 wrote:It isn't my favourite Nolan film but not in a million years is it a chore to watch. Must be thinking of the Joel Schumacher films...

As others have said, loved the pacing of the film. My only gripe was that Batman let Ra's die at the end. I haven't read any comics in many years but (correct me if I'm wrong) I didn't think Batman let his nemeses die, like ever. He was always the bigger man and tried to save them. I felt the same for Harvey in The Dark Knight, just thankful they didn't kill off the Joker like in the Burton films.
See my last post.

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 63#p562163