Does anyone find it a chore to watch Batman Begins now?

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
BlairCo wrote:There were at times where I felt that Batman Begins was a better film than The Dark Knight because it was a proper Batman film. But for me, it goes like this:

Best Films in General:
The Dark Knight> The Dark Knight Rises> Batman Begins

Best Batman Films:
The Dark Knight Rises> Batman Begins> The Dark Knight
That's how I pretty much see the films. Batman Begins is a better 'Batman movie' than The Dark Knight but the latter is a far superior work of art. For me I like the movies where the villains took center stage and that's the two sequels. BB was fairly decent in what it tried to achieve but Nolan blew that movie out of the water with TDKR and especially TDK.

Nope, no chore at all.

For me I would say no, but I would contribute that to my personal taste. I was in high school when Begins came out, It holds a special place for me (Tangent Alert: I was amazed how much crap I got for liking Batman in 05, then as soon as TDK came out Batman was pop culture cool, just like the avengers now. Girlfriends I have that saw the Avengers like 4, 5, 6 times in theaters and had never cared or picked up a comic before, they thought loki was sexy or so they told me. Amazing how that works but that's another discussion all together lol) It's my favorite Batman film, and also the first Christopher Nolan film I ever saw. (It got me to go see The Prestige the following year just because) I've watched this movie so many times, probably more than I would care to admit. I would say TDK and TDKR are the Master Pieces or the ones that' stand on top. (especially TDK) And if that's the case I would say Begins is the foundation. Is BB prefect, no but it sets up the trilogy quite beautifully in my opinion. I actually cared about Bruce Wayne and I wasn't counting the time until he is Batman on screen, it didn't matter. The theme of fear really hit me ,it still does, maybe that's just were I am now as a person. I could write more about how much I like this movie just going through scenes but I'll pick one. The Opening prison fight, it had me and I guess it still does. (you know the your not the devil, your practice scene.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_3Tu32OUSs ) When I saw it the first time I was like holy crap this is going to be good!

Especially after the massive critical and commercial success of The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight? BB was Christopher Nolan's first blockbuster movie and it really does show here. The Dark Knight was a step up in every way and it shows with the box office figures and the awards it received from various organizations including the Academy. Rises might not have have made quite the impact TDK made but it's still a far superior work to BB. The only thing BB has going for it is that Batman is more focused in this movie than in TDKR

Coincidentally watched it again yesterday and is getting better and better.

TDK and BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TDKR
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Most definitely not. In fact now that I own the trilogy I enjoy watching this film even more. They compliment each other very well. While I think The Dark Knight is the best film I have a difficult time deciding which is my favorite of the 3. I continue to thoroughly enjoy them all. And I can't imagine any one of them ever becoming a chore.

It is the most rewatchable movie in the entire trilogy and perhaps in Nolan's entire filmography.

My order is The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises.
*The Dark Knight is a masterpiece. Period. End of story. It's an amazing film.
**Batman Begins is complex and simple at the same time. The complexity comes in the way the story is layered and it works very well. The simplicity comes in that it is not at all as ambitious as The Dark Knight Rises. It's definitely the second most grounded of the trilogy.
***The Dark Knight Rises went too far in ambitiousness and I came out thinking the tone was completely different from the other two and for good reason; however, I just prefer the other two's tones.

Nope.

FreakLikeMe wrote:My order is The Dark Knight > Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises.
*The Dark Knight is a masterpiece. Period. End of story. It's an amazing film.
**Batman Begins is complex and simple at the same time. The complexity comes in the way the story is layered and it works very well. The simplicity comes in that it is not at all as ambitious as The Dark Knight Rises. It's definitely the second most grounded of the trilogy.
***The Dark Knight Rises went too far in ambitiousness and I came out thinking the tone was completely different from the other two and for good reason; however, I just prefer the other two's tones.
Tones? All three were different tonally.