Why wasn't Talia aiding her father? My theory

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.
Post Reply
Posts: 23
Joined: July 2012
TSIA, why wasn't Talia with Ra's and the rest of the League in Batman Begins? My theory is that when Ra's excommunicated Bane from the League, Talia felt anger towards her father for doing such a thing,couldn't forgive him and left with Bane. I think they just traveled the world together and when they found out about Ra's' death, they returned to the League, became the leaders of the League and began planning their operation. What do you think? Do you like this theory or do you think it's complete bullshit? Leave it in the comments, Peace!
Last edited by NolanFan94 on September 16th, 2012, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 15994
Joined: June 2011
Location: North Carolina
NolanFan94 wrote:TSIA, why wasn't Talia with Ra's and the rest of the League in Batman Begins? My theory is that when Ra's excommunicated Bane from the League, Talia felt anger towards her father for doing such a thing,couldn't forgive him and left with Bane. I think they just traveled the world together and when they found out about Ra's' death, they returned to the League, became the leaders of the League and began planning their operation. What do you think? Do you like this theory or do you think it's complete bullshit? LEave it in the comments, Peace!


She said herself it cuz she was pissed at him for ex-comm'ing Bane

Posts: 23
Joined: July 2012
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
NolanFan94 wrote:TSIA, why wasn't Talia with Ra's and the rest of the League in Batman Begins? My theory is that when Ra's excommunicated Bane from the League, Talia felt anger towards her father for doing such a thing,couldn't forgive him and left with Bane. I think they just traveled the world together and when they found out about Ra's' death, they returned to the League, became the leaders of the League and began planning their operation. What do you think? Do you like this theory or do you think it's complete bullshit? LEave it in the comments, Peace!


She said herself it cuz she was pissed at him for ex-comm'ing Bane

I took my theory from that line she said and believe that she went with Bane and left her father. And of course not forgiving him, until Bruce "killed" him.

Posts: 15994
Joined: June 2011
Location: North Carolina
NolanFan94 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
She said herself it cuz she was pissed at him for ex-comm'ing Bane

I took my theory from that line she said and believe that she went with Bane and left her father. And of course not forgiving him, until Bruce "killed" him.


Yeah thats pretty much her explaining it

Posts: 1161
Joined: February 2012
Location: Oregon, USA
It was clearly stated in the film: she could not forgive R'as for excommunicating Bane--that is, until Bruce killed him. Then she obviously met up with Bane and they both assumed control of the League, what with Talia being next in the hereditary line.

Posts: 18706
Joined: June 2011
Location: The Ashes of Gotham
I still found it weak how she hated Ra's, but once she was told he was killed by Batman she actually cared about him. And why would Bane want to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny if he knew that Ra's would not have allowed him to be the leader of the League of Shadows?

Posts: 1546
Joined: May 2012
Location: Missouri
BlairCo wrote:I still found it weak how she hated Ra's, but once she was told he was killed by Batman she actually cared about him. And why would Bane want to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny if he knew that Ra's would not have allowed him to be the leader of the League of Shadows?



Hi Blair,
I completely understand why you would think that way, it doesnt make any sense does it? but I think Bane wanting to fulfill Ra's destiny can possibly be looked at in two ways. One is the fact that truly Bane probably had no mentor or father figure to look up to besides Ra's, so the fact that Ra's took him in, and trained him..probably meant a lot to him and even though Ra's excommunicated him there still could be a deep sense of loyalty to Ra's from Bane. The other is the fact that he is Talia's father and given Bane's connection with Talia, he probably held Ra's with the sincerest form of respect and truly wanted to fulfill his destiny.

The other way to look at it is the complete opposite of what I just wrote. Ra's excommunicated Bane and Bane got hella pissed off and even though Ra's trained Bane his excommunication burned him. We only have talked about various theories of why Ra's excommunicated Bane, ( Ra's saw him as nothing but a monster a constant reminder of the Hell his wife endured...perhaps Ra's was jealous of Bane though..? perhaps Ra's knew that Bane could possibly overthrow him and that Bane was more powerful than he.....who is to say?) ..perhaps the true reason why Bane wants to fulfill Ra's destiny is because Bane truly feels he is the League of Shadows...( remember his statement to Batman during the first fight? I AM the League of Shadows)..being the Leader is his rightful place to be..he wants to fulfill Ra's destiny out of vengeance and anger not loyalty...by taking over the League and running it how he sees fit it's almost like a screw you to Ra's...as if to say..you didnt want me..you threw me out...Now I am the Leader. And even though Ra's is dead and it doesnt matter..to somebody like Bane I believe grudges go deep.

Post Reply