The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Batman Begins

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.

How Awesome was Batman Begins?

100% Awesome
39%
90% Awesome
36%
80% Awesome
18%
70% Awesome
5%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
0%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
0%
0% Awesome
0%

Total votes: 209

90%. Fantastic film (naturalmente), but not perfect. :)

My fav Nolan film.
I'll get burned here but I'd say it was better than Nolan's other 2 Batman films.
The reason?

I guess it was a stage in life I was at. Always been a Batman fan. Had been waiting for a really good Batman movie after
the excellent Batman and Robin heh!. The casting, tone, effects, script were all perfect.
I just enjoyed the build up and how they explained Bruce Wayne's psychology to becming Batman and how he acquires
his gadgets (the realistic approach). Add to that the fear gas hallucinations, the tumbler, the fight at the end with
Liam Neeson - it's not just a great superhero film but a fantastic story. Went to a midnight screening of it as was unemployed
at the time (only midnight screening I've ever nothered to go to).

Remember suggesting to a mate who hadn't seen it we watch it as just got it on HD (in 2007) and he moaned awww my god not a Batman movie.
When I explained this one was sort of reality based I could see he was intrigued and he really enjoyed it.

Gee think I'll watch it again tonight :)

Fleece wrote:My fav Nolan film.
I'll get burned here but I'd say it was better than Nolan's other 2 Batman films.
Not from me you won't. I still put it at the top of the other 2 barely. That could change in a week, month, year.

i feel the very same about batman begins. saw it when i came home from collage and it was the worst year of my life.
felt so down about everything. had been big batman fan when i was younger and had loved every frame of memento and
insomnia so i had high hopes but the film blew me away. it was like watching star wars for the first time. an immersive and magical experience in the cinema.this is one of the many reasons why i got so emotional at the end of 'rises. the end of a long journey.
i understand peoples gripes with BB and know its not chris' best work but it will always be a personal fav of mine.

'its not who i am underneath but what i do that defines me'
:goNF: :goNF: :goNF: :goNF:

What I really like about BB and even all of CN's films are you can tell every scene and line of dialogue are
there for a purpose and not just filler. Within the 1st minute you're drawn into the story. Amazing storytelling.
Agree with your Star Wars analogy.

CN said he used Richard Donner's 1978 Superman as a template in casting well known names in key roles.
You could say Christian Bale wasn't exactly big until BB. Casting Michael Caine as Alfred was one of the best
choices as it provides the audience a familiar and solid anchor for the movie that to me is the heart of the
films.

Was amazed at the low box office it acquired. Think it picked up on DVD rental/sales though.

What Batman Begins did for the superhero subgenre is unmistakable. It's a brilliant film, definitely the most Bruce-centric of the trilogy, making it my personal favorite.

Mason wrote:
FB92 wrote:40%. I barely enjoyed Batman Begins. The Dark Knight was better.
Out.
I have every right to voice my opinion whether I have 25 thousand posts, 100 posts, how many ever I have. I was simply saying I prefer TDK. I did not say it started with TDK, nor did I even intend on thinking that.

I mostly like TDK better because of Heath, and Aaron.

FB92 wrote:
Mason wrote:
Out.
I have every right to voice my opinion whether I have 25 thousand posts, 100 posts, how many ever I have. I was simply saying I prefer TDK. I did not say it started with TDK, nor did I even intend on thinking that.

I mostly like TDK better because of Heath, and Aaron.

Mason was just joking, I'm sure. :lol:

But I voted 80%. If I had to choose a "least favorite," it would be BB, but since I think the Nolan Batman films are far superior to a lot of other superhero movies, I can't really say BB is the least favorite. I enjoy them all immensely, but it took me a while to get into BB.

100% awesome!