The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Batman Begins

Christopher's 2005 reboot of the Batman franchise that tells the origins of how Bruce Wayne became Batman.

How Awesome was Batman Begins?

100% Awesome
39%
90% Awesome
36%
80% Awesome
18%
70% Awesome
5%
60% Awesome
0%
50% Awesome
0%
40% Awesome
0%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
0%
0% Awesome
0%

Total votes: 209

iAMwearingHOCKEYpads wrote:100% here. Batman Begins is the reason I fell back in love with Batman. I remembered the old movies; but, my most vivid was the terrible Batman Forever and arguably the worst movie of all time B&R.

I walked into the theater expecting nothing. And I was fucking blown away. The Ra's Al Ghul twist completely caught me off guard, and just the overall portrayal of Nolan's Gotham was amazing.

It's worth mentioning that I was also pleased with the use of Gordon. I always thought of him as a joke and never so much as a minor character.

I can't say enough good things about this film. It's an outstanding origin story, yet it's more than that. It isn't just the introduction to "The Dark Knight." It's the introduction to Batman.
Dark Knight is far superior to Begins.

thedarklordrises wrote:
iAMwearingHOCKEYpads wrote:100% here. Batman Begins is the reason I fell back in love with Batman. I remembered the old movies; but, my most vivid was the terrible Batman Forever and arguably the worst movie of all time B&R.

I walked into the theater expecting nothing. And I was fucking blown away. The Ra's Al Ghul twist completely caught me off guard, and just the overall portrayal of Nolan's Gotham was amazing.

It's worth mentioning that I was also pleased with the use of Gordon. I always thought of him as a joke and never so much as a minor character.

I can't say enough good things about this film. It's an outstanding origin story, yet it's more than that. It isn't just the introduction to "The Dark Knight." It's the introduction to Batman.
Dark Knight is far superior to Begins.
Uh, ok?

My post had nothing to do with The Dark Knight. I actually do think TDK is better than BB, but it's certainly open for debate. Saying EITHER is FAR superior than the other is just being a fucking troll.

thedarklordrises wrote: Dark Knight is far superior to Begins.
No it isn't.

steveportee wrote:
thedarklordrises wrote: Dark Knight is far superior to Begins.
No it isn't.
It is. It's the movie everyone talks about. BB is at best an average movie. I'd probably say it's Nolan's worst movie alongside Insomnia. Both mediocre movies. Thank God for The Dark Knight though.

thedarklordrises wrote:It is. It's the movie everyone talks about. BB is at best an average movie. I'd probably say it's Nolan's worst movie alongside Insomnia. Both mediocre movies. Thank God for The Dark Knight though.
Oh dear.

thedarklordrises wrote:
steveportee wrote: No it isn't.
It is. It's the movie everyone talks about. BB is at best an average movie. I'd probably say it's Nolan's worst movie alongside Insomnia. Both mediocre movies. Thank God for The Dark Knight though.
Only a matter of time before you're gone.

Only a matter before i'm gone? What have I said that's so controversial huh? Have I offended your opinion? Is this what you do when someone has a differing opinion to you? Throw a tantrum?

thedarklordrises wrote:Only a matter before i'm gone? What have I said that's so controversial huh? Have I offended your opinion? Is this what you do when someone has a differing opinion to you? Throw a tantrum?
Old man river, zip it or I'll break your hip.

Batman Begins is the weakest of his five masterpieces for me, but it's still a masterpiece
The flaws were Katie Holmes (damn hot but bad actress) and I found the Microwave machine storyline to be somewhat dull
But I loved the atmospher of the movie, it was very dark, Bale was great in Batman, so was Neeson in Ra's. I can't imagine anyone else as Caine for Alfred now! All the part of the training was epic
Overall, it was a damn good origin story and once again I loved the last lines
''I never said thank you''
''And you'll never have too ''
So Epic
90%

The ending of TDK when Gordon and Batman exchange lines was touching, but the ending of BB gave it meaning.
I read somewhere that BB is like Wayne Manor, where it all started. And TDK is the Batcave, where the excitement and darkness lie.
But without BB, there won't be a sequel. Just like without Wayne Manor, Batcave won't exist. :roll: