So is the original also called Insomnia?

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
I had no idea this was a remake and now I gotta see original :lol: 8-)

apw
Yes but it's not in English.

Yes it is. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119375/

It's good! Can't really decide which one I prefer...
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Thanks you guys. I'll find it. I'm curious to see how the two movies compare, other then the not being in English part. 8-)

it's in Norwegian

CyranoJones wrote:I'm curious to see how the two movies compare, other then the not being in English part. 8-)
The original is way darker. The main character (in Nolan's version played by Al Pacino) almost rapes the girl in the hotel, but also that dead dog he fires the bullet in, is not dead in the original.
You can read my review here: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =373#p1876
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Very cool review Erik, thanks. I actually managed to find it through a friend in the UK. I'm looking forward to it 8-)

I will have to check this one out, if it's Noruegan, is it also set in a place where daylight never fades?
:problem:

OVERMAN wrote:I will have to check this one out, if it's Noruegan, is it also set in a place where daylight never fades?
You guys should really learn the globe.

Erik wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:I will have to check this one out, if it's Noruegan, is it also set in a place where daylight never fades?
You guys should really learn the globe.
yes they should
it is set in a town in Norway were there is a Midnight Sun
in Nolan's the town is fake though.