What's the PC way of saying" this movie was crap?

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
No easy way but this was a crap-o-rama. Possibly because Nolan didn't write the script.

Mmm I heard from a friend about that subjectivity thing and everyone having an opinion... but you're still wrong.

I actually liked Insomnia. It could have been a little better if Nolan had written it but I still liked it, and it's one of my favorites of all time

It sits around the middle of Nolan's filmography for me. Very good film that's a little underappreciated. It seems like the Nolan film where the most care was put into crafting the visuals and atmosphere. I think that's one benefit of the the relatively straightforward plotting. Pacino's performance was also pretty excellent.

i thought insomnia was a amazing. 9/10 for me.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

My least favorite of his films. Beautifully shot, well directed, but horribly paced. I didn't need it to be so mundane to get across how exhausted Pacino was. It has some wonderful character moments, and some great acting... but overall, it was a downer, and not because it was dark. I get so bored watching it I fall asleep.

I just got the Blu-ray the other day and watched it today for the first time in a long time, and this movie did not hold up very well. I can't call it crap, but it could have been so much better.

I thought Robin Williams was amazing as well.

mauro1970mvr wrote:No easy way but this was a crap-o-rama. Possibly because Nolan didn't write the script.
Just because you didn't like the film doesn't mean it's crap. I don't like Star Wars but that doesn't make the film crap.

This thread is all wrong... the cinematography was top notch... those establishing shots, and those extreme close ups in the opening, not to mention the fog scene.

It is a great movie you know...