Favorite scene - Insomnia

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Nolan4Life wrote:I like the scene where Al Pacino is really tired.
+528491

When Dormer talks to some guy on the telephone, calling him an office prick or whatever it was. I could feel his rage.

tykjen wrote:When Dormer talks to some guy on the telephone, calling him an office prick or whatever it was. I could feel his rage.
That scene is so engrossing. I love it.

This whole movie is underrated. So many greats scenes, it's almost impossible to love just one.

Just to bring up a scene nobody has brought up yet; the log chase is particularly cool and terrifying.

Okay. That's it. You guys have done it.

I'm gonna have to watch this again.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Mason wrote:After some thinking, my new favourite scene if the first meet-up between Pacino and Williams on the ferry. Such a wonderfully presented scene, it's rather chilling.
I forgot about that... heck I gotta load up the dvd again

Nolan did such a great job with Pacino in Insomnia, I have never felt so sorry for him before in a film. The emotional scars are visible in his tired face.

But in the original, I felt nothing but despise for the protagonist, but who also was excellently portrayed by Stellan Skaarsgaard.

I've seen both versions and maybe I'm biased being a Nolan fan but for me his version with the exception of the Hollywood ending for me at least is the better version although the original does have the better ending. Skargard is very good but Pacino & Williams are simply magnificent.

My favourite 2 scenes are the brilliantly conceived chase with log sequence a blinder but for acting the sequence with Dormer & Finch on the bridge which starts with Dormer in full command and Finch cowering as the scene progresses the situation rapidly switches. It's a testament to the talent of Pacino & Williams plus Nolan's ability to coax such brilliant performances out of 2 seasoned professionals. Pacino has rarely been better since and Williams who at the time gave us a one 2 punch with equally impressive One Hour Photo gives 2 of the best performances of his career, he really is so much better in this mode than the usual jokey hyper loony routine.

The conversation in the boat between Pacino and Williams.

Damn Nolan has to work with Williams again,maybe in Nolans Bond Movie.

MrBatman wrote:The conversation in the boat between Pacino and Williams.

Damn Nolan has to work with Williams again,maybe in Nolans Bond Movie.
How do you know Nolan is going to direct a Bond film?