The 2002 remake of a 1997 Norwegian film about a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to a northern town to investigate the methodical murder of a local teen.

Why is Insomnia considered Nolan's weakest film when...

BlairCo wrote:
Mason wrote:Better than the ending in the script.

What was the script ending?

Al Pacino turned into a gigantic squid.
Mason wrote:
BlairCo wrote:What was the script ending?

Was Robin Willims rescued by a dolphin?
BlairCo wrote:
Mason wrote:Al Pacino turned into a gigantic squid.

Was Robin Willims rescued by a dolphin?

He was the dolphin all along.
Mason wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Was Robin Willims rescued by a dolphin?

He was the dolphin all along.

So he wasn't Jack's complete lack of suprise?
Mason wrote:
BlairCo wrote:What was the script ending?

I would have preferred that ending TBH.
The script feels so different to Nolan's (in a slightly bad, generic way), but the general tone of the movie is definite Nolan.

But this is only a 3.5/5 movie. Not amazing, not bad, not average. Just a decent thriller. Worst of Nolan's, but a whole lot better than every other run-of-the-mill thriller.
The only film that he did not write. His essence as a complete filmmaker and also style was lost.
A good director should still be able to take someone else's screenplay and make it into a great film. And Nolan still made a pretty good film. Nolan's more suited with executing his own vision of things, even though of course he probably ran through the final form the screenplay.
ryan4butler wrote:The only film that he did not write. His essence as a complete filmmaker and also style was lost.

I agree. It was only round about the middle that I 'felt' that I was watching a Nolan film - i.e. the styles and techniques that have since become his trademarks - and that didn't last long. :eh:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:The only film that he did not write. His essence as a complete filmmaker and also style was lost.

I agree. It was only round about the middle that I 'felt' that I was watching a Nolan film - i.e. the styles and techniques that have since become his trademarks - and that didn't last long. :eh:

Yeah the movie isn't bad at all. Its different to see Nolan direct something other than hos writting. And that writting isn't nearly on the level as Nolans.
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Insomnia