Nolan moments in Insomnia?

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
Anyone found any Nolan moments in Insomnia? I'm not feeling it first time watching it. :cry: Planning to watch again....

lolwut
There's tons of stuff in Insomnia that are similar to Nolan. The little flashy bits are very Nolan-esque and the whole tone is very similar to Nolan's work. The actor's give their all and you can tell that they're being directed by Nolan. The story's pretty straightforward, but it's still very well handled and emotional.

Bacon wrote:lolwut
There's tons of stuff in Insomnia that are similar to Nolan. The little flashy bits are very Nolan-esque and the whole tone is very similar to Nolan's work. The actor's give their all and you can tell that they're being directed by Nolan. The story's pretty straightforward, but it's still very well handled and emotional.
well. I do agree that it is a good movie. But it lacks the Nolan kick (like non-linear script & dual edged climaxes in Memento & Inception, usual Nolan wits, etc), this is what i felt after first view.

Al Pacino's Dormer fits snuggly with the rest of Nolan's protagonists.

Blood filling up the cloth was somehow... un-nolanish moment for me.

m4st4 wrote:Blood filling up the cloth was somehow... un-nolanish moment for me.
thought it was very much like Memento's intro

m4st4 wrote:Blood filling up the cloth was somehow... un-nolanish moment for me.
That's a clear Nolan visual to me.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
When Dormer and Finch confront each other after Randy is arrested. The monologue that Finch gives about telling the truth is the same style that Nolan includes a lot of his movies (Teddy explaining the truth to Lenny, Bordon and Angier final conversation, and Harvey holding Gordon's family hostage).