Why Insomnia Is The Least Respected Nolan Film

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.
I think George just responded that way because you listed it among the films weaknesses despite the fact that it sounds like a great strength.

I didn't like this film so much and probably because of all the vulgarities and swearing... i wouldn't think Christopher Nolan as the kind of man who has an excess of expletives in his screenplays, if not none at all. Of course I wouldn't know, because all I've watched from him as of now are inception and the dark knight. Still...
Surprised no one mentioned about it, maybe I'm just too naive and young? :|

It is def my least fav nolan flick but overall its a great movie. Its the best remake you can ask for. And it has a great cast. But there just isnt as much to talk about with this one. What is there to really debate about? This doesnt make it a bad movie or anything its just not the kind of movie that generates a big hoopla.
Say Girl

ParanoIan wrote:I didn't like this film so much and probably because of all the vulgarities and swearing... i wouldn't think Christopher Nolan as the kind of man who has an excess of expletives in his screenplays, if not none at all. Of course I wouldn't know, because all I've watched from him as of now are inception and the dark knight. Still...
1. He didn't write the script to this one, someone else did based on a Norwegian film

2. It is a whole lot tamer than the original, I think vulgarities were used so much to show how despicable a person he was.

Redsmile wrote:but overall its a great movie. Its the best remake you can ask for.
absolutely.
ParanoIan wrote:I didn't like this film so much and probably because of all the vulgarities and swearing... i wouldn't think Christopher Nolan as the kind of man who has an excess of expletives in his screenplays, if not none at all. Of course I wouldn't know, because all I've watched from him as of now are inception and the dark knight. Still...
did you watch Following? If not, you would be surprised in terms of vulgarities... I mean, Tarantino showed how to use it to make the movie look genuine, there's nothing bad. Nolan uses it when the movie needs it.

Slask wrote:
Redsmile wrote:but overall its a great movie. Its the best remake you can ask for.
absolutely.
did you watch Following? If not, you would be surprised in terms of vulgarities... I mean, Tarantino showed how to use it to make the movie look genuine, there's nothing bad. Nolan uses it when the movie needs it.
Or what about Memento, that has quite a bit of swearing in it and that was written by Nolan!!!

As for Insomnia, saw it for the first time the other day, Nolan's weakest, but still amazing, one of the best crime thrillers ive seen. It had some brilliant moments and scenes.

Nolan has cussed in quite a few interviews, he's not a goody two shoes. :lol:

I really don't mind cuss words in Nolan's films. It's not like he overuses it anyways.

chee wrote:Nolan has cussed in quite a few interviews, he's not a goody two shoes. :lol:

I really don't mind cuss words in Nolan's films. It's not like he overuses it anyways.
Its f**king not F**king like a f**king Tarantino film :modesty: