The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Insomnia

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.

How Awesome was Insomnia?

100% Awesome
9
6%
90% Awesome
31
21%
80% Awesome
51
35%
70% Awesome
43
29%
60% Awesome
5
3%
50% Awesome
5
3%
40% Awesome
0
No votes
30% Awesome
0
No votes
20% Awesome
0
No votes
10% Awesome
0
No votes
0% Awesome
2
1%
 
Total votes: 146

Posts: 60
Joined: October 2011
80% from me, but only when compared to films in general.
Nolan set the bar so high for himself, if I compare it with TDK or Inception as 100% it's going to get a 65%-70%

Posts: 26058
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
I love this film more every time I see it.

Incredible, his first bigger budget studio film and he directed it like he had decades of experience.

The setting and everything was just incredible. The overall "tired" tone of the film is perfect for the story. The log chase scene was brilliant. I find myself appreciating this film more and more with every viewing.

Site Admin
Posts: 3735
Joined: January 2009
Location: California
Cilogy wrote:I love this film more every time I see it.

Incredible, his first bigger budget studio film and he directed it like he had decades of experience.

The setting and everything was just incredible. The overall "tired" tone of the film is perfect for the story. The log chase scene was brilliant. I find myself appreciating this film more and more with every viewing.
Yeah, it really is remarkable what he was able to do in his first big step up at the plate, with someone else's material nonetheless.

Posts: 26058
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
TeddyBlass wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I love this film more every time I see it.

Incredible, his first bigger budget studio film and he directed it like he had decades of experience.

The setting and everything was just incredible. The overall "tired" tone of the film is perfect for the story. The log chase scene was brilliant. I find myself appreciating this film more and more with every viewing.
Yeah, it really is remarkable what he was able to do in his first big step up at the plate, with someone else's material nonetheless.
In fact, it doesn't even feel like someone else's script, it felt like any other Nolan production where he has complete control over production/filming/writing/etc.

Posts: 5135
Joined: January 2012
I don't have a lot to say about this one
It was a enjoyable film by himself but the fact that it's a Nolan's film is not good for it, because it's pretty weak when I compare it to his other work
60%

Posts: 26058
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
Cilogy wrote:I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.
LMAO

Posts: 9038
Joined: July 2010
Cilogy wrote:I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.
You're crazy.

Posts: 26058
Joined: February 2010
Location: Tejas
Mr. Caine wrote:LMAO
steveportee wrote:You're crazy.
Image

Posts: 6771
Joined: February 2011
Location: The Discount Inn
Cilogy wrote:I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.

Post Reply