The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: Insomnia

This 2002 remake of a Norwegian film follows a Los Angeles homicide detective dispatched to Alaska to investigate the murder of a local teen.

How Awesome was Insomnia?

100% Awesome
6%
90% Awesome
21%
80% Awesome
35%
70% Awesome
29%
60% Awesome
3%
50% Awesome
3%
40% Awesome
No votes
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
No votes
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
1%

Total votes: 146

80% from me, but only when compared to films in general.
Nolan set the bar so high for himself, if I compare it with TDK or Inception as 100% it's going to get a 65%-70%

I love this film more every time I see it.

Incredible, his first bigger budget studio film and he directed it like he had decades of experience.

The setting and everything was just incredible. The overall "tired" tone of the film is perfect for the story. The log chase scene was brilliant. I find myself appreciating this film more and more with every viewing.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:I love this film more every time I see it.

Incredible, his first bigger budget studio film and he directed it like he had decades of experience.

The setting and everything was just incredible. The overall "tired" tone of the film is perfect for the story. The log chase scene was brilliant. I find myself appreciating this film more and more with every viewing.
Yeah, it really is remarkable what he was able to do in his first big step up at the plate, with someone else's material nonetheless.

TeddyBlass wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I love this film more every time I see it.

Yeah, it really is remarkable what he was able to do in his first big step up at the plate, with someone else's material nonetheless.
In fact, it doesn't even feel like someone else's script, it felt like any other Nolan production where he has complete control over production/filming/writing/etc.

I don't have a lot to say about this one
It was a enjoyable film by himself but the fact that it's a Nolan's film is not good for it, because it's pretty weak when I compare it to his other work
60%

I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.

Cilogy wrote:I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.
LMAO

Cilogy wrote:I have grown to love this film more and more. Now I think I might even like it more than Memento and BB.
You're crazy.

Mr. Caine wrote:LMAO
steveportee wrote:You're crazy.

"When art imitates life"