Sequel...?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Why not? It doesn't need to be by Nolan. It could be explore a different character in a similar situation as Guy Pearce. Or maybe a TV show or, hell, a fan web series?? I like Memento and I would like to see a different rendition of its style. It's been a decade, right? Why do I have the feeling most people are gonna disagree with my wanting a Memento spin-off? :problem:

:D

Mr. Jet wrote:Why not? It doesn't need to be by Nolan. It could be explore a different character in a similar situation as Guy Pearce. Or maybe a TV show or, hell, a fan web series?? I like Memento and I would like to see a different rendition of its style. It's been a decade, right? Why do I have the feeling most people are gonna disagree with my wanting a Memento spin-off? :problem:

The question is, why yes?

I could be alone in this but I personally think good stuff should be left alone. It's rare I agree with sequals and unless they really have something new to deliver - they shouldn't happen. A different character in a similar situation could be just that, unoriginal and certainly not needed. Especially if it also uses the same narrative structure.

IMO, filmmakers should concentrate more on making original stuff rather than remaking films and sequals all the time. I'm much more impressed with a film and it's far more likely to truly impress me if it really brings something entirely new.

People say it's impossible to really be original these days and I agree, but still, they should try. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to see another film about someone completely different also with any sort of memory problems, but anything closer to Memento I'd probably dismiss straight away.

It was good, it was great, now leave it :P

Mr. Jet wrote:Why not? It doesn't need to be by Nolan. It could be explore a different character in a similar situation as Guy Pearce. Or maybe a TV show or, hell, a fan web series?? I like Memento and I would like to see a different rendition of its style. It's been a decade, right? Why do I have the feeling most people are gonna disagree with my wanting a Memento spin-off? :problem:

Tha fuck? No.NO.and no.

I like the style of the original and the possible amazing detective stories with the dilemma. There are myriad of ways to make it interesting. It doesn't have to be called Memento. It could be like an indirect sequel. I can understand your no's, but perhaps I'm the only one who thinks it could be at least interesting.

lalyil wrote: That doesn't mean it wouldn't be interesting to see another film about someone completely different also with any sort of memory problems, but anything closer to Memento I'd probably dismiss straight away.
This.

:oldmanface:

Won't that be a prequel? :think:
gib sigs

Um.... maybe.... :crazy: