Two questions about movie (spoilers)

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
1. Was Natalie sure that Leonard killed Jimmy Grants? She seemed suspicious

2. What was the point of the whole blonde prostitute scene?

dagn96 wrote:1. Was Natalie sure that Leonard killed Jimmy Grants? She seemed suspicious
I think she does not know. She tells Leonard that she loved him. If she knew that Lenny killed him, she would probably have done something to Leonard.
dagn96 wrote:2. What was the point of the whole blonde prostitute scene?
Leonard wanted to have the feeling of his wife, lying next to him again. The prostitute places the objects in a girly way (as Leonard had asked her to do), then she lies in the bed. After Leonard falls asleep she walks away and slams the door. Leonard awakes and feels the warm place of the bed and sees the objects. It makes him feel like his wife is just to the bathroom or something.
Now I'm not quite sure if the prostitute was supposed to go to the bathroom or supposed to leave. I think the last option, but it may vary every time I watch the movie.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Oh, know I get it. Thanks

1. Natalie didn't know, but she saw Leonard with Jimmy's clothes and car and Thought wtf is going on here, then she just conversed with Leonard thinking he might be Teddy and had something to say about Jimmy, then she just realized he is "the memory guy"

2.In my opinion the point of the whole prostitute scene was (for him) to let go of the memories, and by this I mean to accept that his wife is dead, we see that he wanted to get rid all of her stuff for the very same reason and he was even wandering if he had done that before, if he had burn more of her stuff before, because it seems he always goes back to the memory of his wife. Later in the story we understand he cant let go of this memories because this are the only driving forces of his life.
He lives to find John G and avenge his wife.

1. Was Natalie sure that Leonard killed Jimmy Grants? She seemed suspicious.

This is his 2e love. Natalie does NOT want him to kill anybody. She wants him to 'heal' (stop looking for a burglar/rapist and kill him) so the Mental Hospital 2 will release him and she can mary him. She succeeds in the end, he his released, they have sex which resettes Leonard and then he kills her (accidently).

2. What was the point of the whole blonde prostitute scene?

At first he uses the blonde prostitute after he has killed a John G. to revive his wrath, to recreate a new John G. so he can set out on a new quest. But the last prostitute he calls he actually has sex with (she doesn't leave as she is supposed to).He (again) accidently kills her. Unable to explain to himself the corpse of a woman (instead of a man, as he has grown accustomed to) he decides to recreate a whole new John G.: a Jane G. (in the movie he re-tattoos the 'drug dealer'-tattoo, but actually he re-tatoos his John G. tattoo which has faded in time. The John can easily be transformed into a Jane). He can now explain the corpse of a woman (his new foe) and sets out on another quest (also the end of the movie).

See also my post 'The true chronological story of Memento' for the full story.