How did Jimmy know Leonard?

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Near the very end, Leonard asks Jimmy if he remembers him, and Jimmy says "Yeah, the memory guy."

When did they meet? I assume Teddy was using Leonard for in some shoddy deals, as he couldn't point any fingers in the event he was caught (same reason he used him to kill people). But I'm wondering if anyone knows something more about the situation.

JimmyFraska wrote:Near the very end, Leonard asks Jimmy if he remembers him, and Jimmy says "Yeah, the memory guy."

When did they meet? I assume Teddy was using Leonard for in some shoddy deals, as he couldn't point any fingers in the event he was caught (same reason he used him to kill people). But I'm wondering if anyone knows something more about the situation.
Jimmy dealt drugs using the cafe where Natalie worked, and from the motel where Burt worked. Burt had told Jimmy about Lenny when he saw Lenny taking pictures of the motel. That is how I figured they meet. Natalie had heard about Lenny as well prior to meeting him.