Linear Timeline

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
i get what happened and i get how everything unfolded.
could someone make a linear timeline in order chronilogicaly

I think there's a special feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray that plays the film in chronological order.

Eternalist wrote:I think there's a special feature on the DVD/Blu-Ray that plays the film in chronological order.
cool

I saw this special feature on the DVD and it was kinda weird, lol,
Leonard looks kinda stupid specially on the part where he goes into the motel room to attack Dodd ha ha
I think you might be able to find a linear timeline on wikipedia.

Its like: Black and White scenes in order, then the color scenes from the End backwards ;P
of course everybody knows that.

The linear timeline maybe works for Following, but not for Memento.
Memento HAS to be the way it is.

Smile wrote:The linear timeline maybe works for Following, but not for Memento.
following wasn't linear?

#1fan wrote:
following wasn't linear?
No, he means that if you place all the scenes in the right place, Following still is a good movie, but it'll spoil Memento.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Exactly. I remember where Leonard is trying to explain what it feels like to someone who doesn't experience/understand it: "It's like you just woke up. I mean, it's backwards. Like, maybe you get an idea about what you want to do but you don't remember what you just did. I'm sure the backwards theme is laced throughout the whole film, e.g. the backwards tattoo. I'm sure this has been explained all over, but I think the purpose of doing this film backwards is to put the audience in his shoes. You feel like you have short term memory loss when you are watching. It's one of the most remarkable experiences. Best film ever.

yea and this feature makes it special.
Memento is like no other movie, is unique
think about it, is not like any other movie done before it and the only way to do a movie like it is to copy the story.

OVERMAN wrote:yea and this feature makes it special.
Memento is like no other movie, is unique
think about it, is not like any other movie done before it and the only way to do a movie like it is to copy the story.
Exactly. Even if someone remakes film (God forbid) it will never be compared to Nolan's story. Which is why Memento is unique and is and will always be famous