Question about the Blu Ray

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Interview with director Christopher Nolan
Interview with star Guy Pearce
So I'm guessing these are new.

Brendan M. wrote:
Interview with director Christopher Nolan
Interview with star Guy Pearce
So I'm guessing these are new.
The interview with Chis is also included on the 1-disc version. (At least the Dutch release). That one takes about 30 minutes.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

They are the same as the UK DVD as well.

Does the DVD version have a commentary as well?

I bought the 2 disc special edition (not Blu Ray).

Yeah it had a directors commentry the DVD.

Quite funny at the end, you can tell Nolan hates doing it.

"Can I go now" Nolan
Can't hear what the other guy is saying but then there is a noise which I think is Nolan dropping the microphone rather aggresivly :lol:

rbevanx wrote:Yeah it had a directors commentry the DVD.

Quite funny at the end, you can tell Nolan hates doing it.

"Can I go now" Nolan
Can't hear what the other guy is saying but then there is a noise which I think is Nolan dropping the microphone rather aggresivly :lol:
Oh wow, lol. :lol:

rbevanx wrote:
George wrote:
rbevanx wrote:Well it was better than the DVD, the problem is that Memento was shot in 35mm, comparing it to the latest films like Batman and Iron Man etc is a bit unfair.

35mm is pretty much the current standard for film. The Dark Knight (non-IMAX scenes), Batman Begins, and Iron Man were all shot in 35mm.
Well I have noticed that smaller film's still use a cheaper/different format. Not trained in film to be fair but if you look at Heat and The Dark Knight for example.
You will notice Heat has a less quality pitcure than the 35 mm scenes of The Dark Knight as well, even though they are both 35mm.
Maybe the process in post production is better, I don't know tbh but it could be camera as well etc.
Its because the digital transfer of The Dark Knight is direct from a brand new print. The digital transfer of Heat was from a 10 year old print. The cameras are the same and so are the lenes. Smaller budget films may use cheaper film stock, but it is still 35mm film, the same format. Also it has to do with how good of a transfer the Blu Ray is. I thought The Dark Knight was a horrible transfer, pretty much everything from WB can't compete with the quality of paramount and disney. I don't know why, they just aren't as good.

Oh shoot, I should have looked at this forum first. I just got memento on blu ray. I hope it's still good.

Well, it arrived today (finally!) I just watched it, and wow was that amazing. At this point I think it was worth it given the picture, sound, and story quality (obviously). And although I 've already seen the featurette that's included, I have yet to listen to Mr. Nolan's commentary. I'll wait a while, then return for that later.

I say thumbs up :thumbup: