Larry Holden has passed away

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
rachelrachel wrote:Doctors discovered cancer a few weeks after hip replacement surgery (hip injured due to a bad fall during filming). The cancer had spread and it was too late.
It's always cancer when a someone relatively young dies. :(

Anita18 wrote:
rachelrachel wrote:Doctors discovered cancer a few weeks after hip replacement surgery (hip injured due to a bad fall during filming). The cancer had spread and it was too late.
It's always cancer when a someone relatively young dies. :(
Always? Not always.

http://downtimemovieslarry.tumblr.com/

Laurence "Larry" H. Holden, 49, died early Sunday morning, February 13, 2011 in Orange, MA following a brief illness. He previously had lived in Granville, Vermont.
Larry was born in Framingham, MA on May 15, 1961 and was a son of Lawrence and Frederike (Hofer) Holden.
An independent film maker and actor, some of his credits include "My Father's House", "Tucked in His Knuckles", and "All Sun And Little White Flowers", as well as "Memento" and "Insomia", which starred Al Pacino whom he developed a great friendship on the set. Though directing his own films, Larry, also had some background in television with such shows as "CSI", "ER", and "Charmed". More information about Larry's career and accomplishments can be found on www.holdenautomotive.com.
Larry was married to Norwegian fashion designer Hanne Kristiansen, and praised her as a creative mastermind for many of Larry's set costumes. (and she was a hand model)

The cancer was a suprise. They found it during the surgery. We were all shocked and devistated to hear it. We were so proud of him. Our famous relative. He was a real riot.

Robbman wrote:I was pretty confused at first. Wondered if they had the wrong guy. That obituary describes him as being from Maryland.. sounds like he went to school locally. But the IMDB page doesn't mention Maryland and seems to imply that he grew up in Ireland and when he moved to the U.S, he lived elsewhere. I wonder who's wrong?

From IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0390227/bio

Has an identical twin brother, Hank, who's a self-published writer, but no other siblings. His parents, Henry and Celeste Howlin, are both retired and still reside in Ireland. Moved to Yakima, Washington in 1989, and then spent the next three years driving back and forth across the United States, living in his pick-up truck with his dog, Wendy. Moved to San Pedro, California in February 1993, and began acting full-time in Hollywood.

From the Funeral Home - http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/hometo ... =148810102

HOLDEN, LAURENCE HENRY, 49, filmmaker, actor, and disciple of our Lord, left this world for a better one on February 13th. A 1979 graduate of Meade High School and Towson University alumnus,

There is a Meade High School in Maryland, and Towson University is in Maryland.

It's entirely possible that IMDB is just wrong, but just curious if anyone here knows anything different. I'm inclined to believe the obituary, as its official.. just thought it was strange that IMDB was so far off base with his personal history.

They fixed it on IMDB. You can check it out now. it always irritated me that it was wrong but Larry got a kick out of giving people bogus history about his past. he thought it was funny. I remember posting something on imdb about it being wrong but larry said to just let it be. And no we're not related to William Holden the actor. He's lived all over the place but we're from baltimore. He was married to the nicest hand model (more currently fashion designer) named Hanne. They were very happy. he was our family's pride and joy.