Nolan bursting out laughing in audio commentary???

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
darkest_knight wrote:
steveportee wrote: Excellent contribution to the thread. :clap:
Okay. How the fuck should I know why he laughs during an audio commentary? Aside from asking Nolan himself, which wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list of conversation topics.

BTW, you're an asshole.
And you're the new Samsara. Congrats. :lol:

steveportee wrote:
darkest_knight wrote:
No clue.
Excellent contribution to the thread. :clap:
From the evidence which is present, I can now confirm that steveportee is an ignorant, obnoxious, self-interested, insulting, unintelligent, feminine human being. Thank you for your time.

solo2001 wrote:
From the evidence which is present, I can now confirm that steveportee is an ignorant, obnoxious, self-interested, insulting, unintelligent, feminine human being. Thank you for your time.

solo2001 wrote:
That was genius.

Dream Thief wrote:Hey I was just wondering during the scene with Leonard's monologue on the bed with Natalie; Nolan on the audio commentary bursts out laughing, but I never understood why. Made me laugh myself, considering how such a quiet and conserved character he normally is. Does anyone know why he does so? Check it out, it's pretty cool!
This comment made me buy the Blu-ray, thanks! I didn't even know that there was a director's commentary on it. The scene is great :)

Here you go. As I am so kind, I recorded and edited the aforementioned laugh.

Enjoy.

Dream Thief wrote:Hey I was just wondering during the scene with Leonard's monologue on the bed with Natalie; Nolan on the audio commentary bursts out laughing, but I never understood why. Made me laugh myself, considering how such a quiet and conserved character he normally is. Does anyone know why he does so? Check it out, it's pretty cool!
LOL, Really? Now I need to watch that! :lol:

Maybe he's ticklish.

Something off camera I'm guessing.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Maybe he's remembering something funny? Maybe someone just dropped their coffee?

We'll never know.