"Memento" Q&A with Chris Nolan and Guillermo del Toro

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
TeddyBlass wrote:My buddy Cris Mertens (2 time guest host on the NF Podcast) got to ask Nolan a question at this Q&A. He said he had 3 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact with Nolan. I then proceeded to tell Cris I hate him and never want to speak to him again. :lol:
:o

Chris Nolan needs to have a sit-down interview with you and Alex. :twisted:

Thinking about it Teddy I'm quite suprised WB don't invite you and Alex to the press screening/Q&A for his films like they do with BOF and the Batman films.

WB give Teddy and Alex access to the screenings and Q&A for crying out loud ;)

chee wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:My buddy Cris Mertens (2 time guest host on the NF Podcast) got to ask Nolan a question at this Q&A. He said he had 3 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact with Nolan. I then proceeded to tell Cris I hate him and never want to speak to him again. :lol:
:o

Chris Nolan needs to have a sit-down interview with you and Alex. :twisted:
so true

rbevanx wrote:Thinking about it Teddy I'm quite suprised WB don't invite you and Alex to the press screening/Q&A for his films like they do with BOF and the Batman films.

WB give Teddy and Alex access to the screenings and Q&A for crying out loud ;)
Yea WB! Listen to him. ^^^

:)

More details from that session:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... g_strange/

Here's a paragraph sample (On Tarantino):
Nolan also credits the influence of Quentin Tarantino, who inspired him to do more reading. As del Toro notes, the ‘90s and early aughts became an era of neo-noir filmmaking, but out of that dense library of post modern femme fatales and gum shoes, “Memento,” years later, still has legs to stand on. “I think [these other neo-noirs] stem very much from Tarantino and his work in the nineties,” said Nolan “and certainly for me, I find his work really exciting and it pushed me to really read… I spent years reading crime fiction and I think if ‘Memento’ holds up a little better than some of the other neo-noir of the time, it’s probably because I found inspiration in books rather than movies,” noting how films drawing inspiration from their contemporaries, such as Tarantino, are not the ones to last “there’s a limit, particularly when Tarantino’s work is already ironic and already retro, so then you’re already reflecting on reflection if you’re looking at the movie’s sensibility. But I think he certainly inspired me to look into the literary origins of the genre.”

Dragon_316ca wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: