Jay Z mentions Memento on new album

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
on the song Reminder

its just one line

"think with indelible ink, I let the pen go
verses permenantally tattoo'd, serve as mementos"

I think that may be a direct allusion to Memento.

Unfortunately, I'm not too excited for The Blueprint 3, I think Jay-Z fell-off a long time ago.

Jay Z got taste. Period.

Never heard a song of his (not my favorite genre), but props to the man. Good taste in film. :lol:

Not even 99 problems?

You must of listend to it on the radio at least.

I like the blueprint 3. I have to say its betot say its better than all of the albums he's made starting with the first blueprint, with the exception of the black album

rbevanx wrote:Not even 99 problems?

Even my grandmother's heard 99 Problems.
talli wrote:I like the blueprint 3. I have to say its betot say its better than all of the albums he's made starting with the first blueprint, with the exception of the black album
Jay-Z''s undisputed masterpiece was Reasonable Doubt. To me, he never achieved that kind of level again, although The Blueprint and The Black Album were notable peaks for him. I've been disappointed with everything he's done after his non-retirement so I'm not getting too excited for The Blueprint 3.

Other than 99 Problems, Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Izzo, Jigga What and Encore I think his music sucks. So, not a big fan.

ChristopherNolanFan wrote:Other than 99 Problems, Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Izzo, Jigga What and Encore I think his music sucks. So, not a big fan.
I'd actually consider that some of his weaker work, but it's more or less obvious you've mostly been acquaited with his music through the radio. Check out Reasonable Doubt for Jay-Z at the top of his game.

rbevanx wrote:Not even 99 problems?

I dodge any rap channels...actually, I dodge everything. Radio sucks.