Jay Z mentions Memento on new album

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Mason wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: He rates music objectively.You will burn.
But does he believe in music?
:modesty:

Mason wrote:
mratm23 wrote:On another note, Common referenced Inception in "Blue Sky".

"This is my Inception, I'm writing my dreams"
It'd be cool if the lyrics, and the music, was actually any good.
Common's latest album is pretty good.
Lady Gaga is genius.

Mason you a fool. Get dressed. Your bloody buffer fell.

RIFA wrote:
Mason wrote:
It'd be cool if the lyrics, and the music, was actually any good.
Lady Gaga is genius.

Lady GaGa? Genius? Have you heard her lyrics?

Go away.

RIFA wrote:Lady Gaga is genius.
And this guy also says that Mara is arrogant.. go figure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the most embarrassing things ever uttered on the internet.

steveportee wrote:
One of the most embarrassing things ever uttered on the internet.
But then again, really no surprise all things considered.

Mason wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Lady Gaga is genius.

Go away.
Yes. Her genius isn't because of her lyrics. But thanks for judging her only by the lyrics.

I won't get into this Gaga shit since you're obviously already against the idea of a person like Gaga being a genius in a certain domain. The point is Gaga will remain in history as one of the most important pop figures of all time. You can't reach that level if you're not talented or if you haven't perfected music or the art form in entertainment at a certain point. If you don't think Gaga will remain as such then you're in denial.

I think I listen to a lot of music to have the guts to consider Gaga a genius entertainer. I'm not afraid to like the new or to embrace the weird if it's in a good taste and in contrast with today's society. Gaga is an artist like few before her.

RIFA wrote:
Mason wrote:

Go away.
Yes. Her genius isn't because of her lyrics. But thanks for judging her only by the lyrics.

I won't get into this Gaga shit since you're obviously already against the idea of a person like Gaga being a genius in a certain domain. The point is Gaga will remain in history as one of the most important pop figures of all time. You can't reach that level if you're not talented or if you haven't perfected music or the art form in entertainment at a certain point. If you don't think Gaga will remain as such then you're in denial.

I think I listen to a lot of music to have the guts to consider Gaga a genius entertainer. I'm not afraid to like the new or to embrace the weird if it's in a good taste and in contrast with today's society. Gaga is an artist like few before her.
You listen to a lot of music? Tell me, who are you really into?

And don't say that Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lady GaGa type crap. That isn't music. You're a fool if you think it is.

Mason wrote:And don't say that Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lady GaGa type crap. That isn't music. You're a fool if you think it is.
Indeed. Like modern warfare; its recycled garbage.

Mason wrote:You listen to a lot of music? Tell me, who are you really into?

And don't say that Jay-Z, Beyonce, Lady GaGa type crap. That isn't music. You're a fool if you think it is.
lmao. Yes it is music. Just because you don't like it in particular it doesn't mean it isn't music. That's a first one and I only see comments like these on YouTube...

I'm into Jay Z, Beyonce, Lady Gaga as well as I'm into other artists. Just check my list of best albums of 2011 in that thread so you could make an idea of who I'm into at the moment...

But for example...

My favorite male singers of all time would be Sinatra, Gaye, Dylan, Marley, Bjorling, George Michael or Tupac.
My favorite female singer of all time would be Patti LaBelle probably, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey or Sade.
My favorite bands would be Queen, Nirvana, Radiohead, U2, Depeche Mode, Massive Attack, Prodigy or A Tribe Called Quest.
My favorite DJs would be Paul Van Dyk, Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox and Junior Jack.

I listen to everything... I don't have any barriers... Any genre... and of course I like the modern-day music. I like Gaga, I like Lykke Li, I like Nicki Minaj, I like Taylor Swift as well as I like Beach House, Phantogram, Glass Candy, John Mayer, Belle and Sebastian, John Legend, Musiq Soulchild, Jamiroquai, Royksopp or Washed Out.

Or we could go and name geniuses like Erik Satie, Sergei Rachmaninov, Georges Bizet or Gabriel Faure.