Memento 10th Anniversary Blu-Ray by Lionsgate

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
Press release says it all. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/t ... ry-blu-ray

Essentially, because Lionsgate acquired Newmarket Films earlier this year, any film produced by the company is now owned by Lionsgate for home entertainment distribution. Films such as Memento and possible films such as The Passion of the Christ and Donnie Darko could get new releases on Blu-Ray by Lionsgate.

And before you ask, the Prestige won't be getting a re-released. It was co-produced by WB and Disney via Touchstone Pictures, along with Newmarket Films.

Either way, can't wait for this re-release. It needed a new transfer...

Great news :thumbup:

wow, good things coming on blue ray these days.

Nice, I'm not gonna buy it though. Not made of money.

Possible stupid question, but are all Blu-ray's these days region free? Kind of interested in getting this for this -

The 10th Anniversary Blu-ray Disc comes packed with special features including a brand new featurette with the director discussing the legacy of the film

Unless it turns out to be bobbins and only 3 minutes long or something...

Cool cant wait to get it.

I held out on upgrading my copy of Memento for this reason. Happy to see they are doing a new transfer instead of just repackaging the old one like so often happens when movies get multiple releases. Every release of Terminator on DVD/Blu Ray/HD-DVD since 2000 has been from the same transfer....not only has the technology moved beyond, they know how to use it better.