Batman logo in Memento

The famous 2000 film that put Christopher Nolan on the map tells the story of a man on the hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.
theweatherman wrote:Even more prophetic is the existence of a Superman logo sitting next to the Batman one.
:lol:
Maybe we'll also get to see Chris Nolan do Star Wars in the future. :lol:

I had a good chuckle with both this logo and the one in the Following.

niniendowarrior wrote:
theweatherman wrote:Even more prophetic is the existence of a Superman logo sitting next to the Batman one.
Maybe we'll also get to see Chris Nolan do Star Wars in the future. :lol:
That could be interesting, a reboot for the franchise? :D

he could make outstanding star wars movies dude.

ah man! christian bale as anakin! :D :) !

He knew the entire time!

James wrote:ah man! christian bale as anakin! :D :) !
actually he was considered by Lucas for the role, back in '01 :lol:
DHOPW42 wrote:Hm, I would say it's more of a coincidence, I mean there are many other movie-logos there, so I wouldn't say it's a direct reference to anything. But still interesting, that at least 4 out of Nolan's 6 movies has something to do with Batman :D (Following, Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight)
what's in memento??

however, when i first saw Following (probably 2 years ago, just during The Dark Knight phenomenon..) and I noticed the logo on the door... man, sometimes you got to believe there's more than coincidence in this! :o

Actually Nolan is a Batman fan, and it could not be different: look at the atmosphere and the tone of his movies. I thought it was Warner Bros that offered him the project after seeing the good work done with Insomnia (and the god box office performance), where he got to direct 2 living legends (Pacino and Williams, especially the last one, who acted brilliantly in a role he never played) and another Oscar winning (Swank). Then I discovered it was Nolan himself who discovered Batman reboot was in construction (but not in a short time, due to Darren Aronofsky departure... 'cause he has been the main choice for 2/3 years) and proposed to WB guys his idea of how Batman could be portrayed in a more functional way. The rest is history.
I don't really appreciate Warner Bros and the way they work... but only God knows how I thank them everyday for putting one of the best and most talented noir authors/directors living into the rebirth of the Batman.
natalie wrote:
ahah...
hope not! I mean, if this describes a possible future Batman vs Superman movie :lol:

There was a Spider-Man logo also! lol Is Spidey in his future? and WWF? lol :batface:

Cool!

Has anyone found any kind of Batman reference in Insomnia?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

don't think so